Fennomads from Finland to Magadan, Russia via BAM - Road of Bones

• HTML tutorial

JrJetJock

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snoqualmie, WA
Member #

These friends of mine are an amazing group of overland enthusiasts from Finland, and they will greatly appreciate any follow, comment, and like on FB, Instagram, or Youtube!
(Wish I was going!)

"FENNOMADS is an intrepid team of Finnish Land Rover and overland bike enthusiasts who will drive from Tampere, Finland to Magadan, Russia this summer.
This trip has been three years in the making, and the group is now finishing their final preparations for a July departure in the summer of 2018. The group is expected to reach Magadan in late August.

Their route will cross to Lake Baikal, then utilize abandoned winter roads and rivers across an uninhabited mountain range, northbound towards the Baikal-Amur railroad. They will follow the rail service road while crossing fast flowing rivers, sometimes utilizing collapsed bridges. This is one of the most challenging overland journeys in the world, the notorious BAM highway. The journey will continue to Yakutsk and onward across the permafrost taiga to Kolyma via the “Road of Bones” – a road built by prisoners of war. They will face no mercy from tough road conditions, rapidly changing weather, old prison camps, and a uranium mine as they pass through the coldest village in the world. Help is more than just a phone call away.

Four Land Rovers and three bikes, specifically built to face this challenge, and a very unique collection of experienced overland travelers are looking forward to sharing their exceptional journey with their supporters."

Follow FENNOMADS on Instagram, Facetime, and Youtube.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
That’s pretty awesome! My grandfather immigrated from Finland. We are also related to Tolstoy, so I am excited to follow along! Thanks