Windsor, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Goering
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I’ve purchased GMRS radios and need to obtain a license. Can anyone please help me once I’m on the FCC website?

Reactions: TOMICON

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you. I’ve hunted around the website and not sure exactly what I need to do.

TOMICON

Rank IV

Traveler III

Spooner, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Mackey
Member #

I’ve purchased GMRS radios and need to obtain a license. Can anyone please help me once I’m on the FCC website?
Hello I just applied for mine two days ago myself and received the license today and lucky for us the license was half the normal cost at 35.00 dollars US, how I did it is I just searched, how to get GMRS license, on the internet and fallowed the instructions and it was fairly simple! Hope that helps!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello I just applied for mine two days ago myself and received the license today and lucky for us the license was half the normal cost at 35.00 dollars US, how I did it is I just searched, how to get GMRS license, on the internet and fallowed the instructions and it was fairly simple! Hope that helps!
$35 is the normal price… the license fee was reduced several months back.

TOMICON

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Mackey
Member #

$35 is the normal price… the license fee was reduced several months back.
I know that, but we didn’t need to pay the 70.00 that it was several months back is what I was saying, but thank you.

Reactions: Ubiety

TOMICON

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Mackey
Member #

So you will need to go to the FCC universal licensing system and apply for a FRN Number so once in there select register and fill out the information and then you will receive a number write that down it’s very important also any passwords you make! That’s part 1 and it’s free.

Now part 2, ok next go too the FCC Registration and find where it says login and you will need to get into there system with your username Should be The FRN number you received and your password, mow select apply for new license, select ZA for type of license complete the application and pay the man and in two days boom you should have a license!

Reactions: Ubiety

TOMICON

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Mackey
Member #

Oh and I should say, after you make that payment, it doesn’t really say anything else, kinda weird put me on the edge like I thought I messed up or something but mine did come threw and received a email with a copy watermarked license. Supposed to get the actual license in the mail but good to go! I’m no super experienced government FCC radio guru but this is and was my experience if it helps someone, also please anyone feel free to correct any of this if there’s a better way or something I missed. Thanks Tomicon

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VI

Expedition Master I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
I’m thinking so. Finally made it to the payment screen, made my payment and got the reference ID number.
Awesome. Now that you have your FRN, GMRS call sign and have figured out the FCC website, the hard part is done. It might be time to get your Ham Technical license. :)

Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose