Upland, CA, USA
First Name
oleg
Last Name
flaksman
Member #

Service Branch
Active Mountain SAR
I have a goal zero 1000 with the link controller. I’ve used it for 2 years now and can confidently say it’s not great. Goal zero is not built to withstand off-road abuse. I’ve had to take it apart and fix connection numerous times already and every other day when I’m off-road something else goes wrong with it. Mostly it’s the link system to be honest.

However, it charges very fast 450-550W charge speeds when used properly and it’s working.

I use up 50-100% of my 1000 battery capacity per day depending on weather (heat eats more fridge power). I am not sitting in one spot, so solar is out of the question.

On average I’m drawing 50-80 watts from my goal zero 24/7, so I need something that can intake 300+ watts so I can get a full charge from 4-12 hours of engine run time.

From what I can see all other power solutions focus on solar and only give you a cigarette plug adapter which I’m assuming is not pulling much power.

Has anyone seen something else?

PS. I am trying to stay away from a dual battery setup. I’ve had it on 3 other vehicles and am tired of the headaches that come with a dual battery.

KrelleKryl

Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
The EcoFlow delta can take >1,000W input so it can charge very very fast - IF you can output that much e.g., via an inverter. It's solar input can do 400W input, so you can also do a 400W 12V to 48V regulator.

I believe all their products are some of the fastest to charge.

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

So, when solar doesn't do it for me (really is a good option) due to weather I charge my pack from a small propane generator. Specifically I have the Baja 900 that can directly take the little 1lbs tank or you can hook up an adapter for a larger tank. Coupled with a high wattage AC charger it fills up my lithium battery pack pretty quick.

Not a replacement for the Goal Zero you have been having issues with. You will have to research a 1000+ Wh pack. I'm also not happy with my mine, but I live with it. Won't mention the brand because, honestly, no reason to.

-Curtiss

offkamber

Rank III

Advocate I

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
oleg
Last Name
flaksman
Member #

Service Branch
Active Mountain SAR
The EcoFlow delta can take >1,000W input so it can charge very very fast - IF you can output that much e.g., via an inverter. It's solar input can do 400W input, so you can also do a 400W 12V to 48V regulator.

Appreciate that. My buddy is doing that and constantly has issues with overheating the system as it seems to get very hot fast in this truck shell. But it’s sounding more and more that this may be the best option if temperature controlled.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have a goal zero 1000 with the link controller. I’ve used it for 2 years now and can confidently say it’s not great. Goal zero is not built to withstand off-road abuse. I’ve had to take it apart and fix connection numerous times already and every other day when I’m off-road something else goes wrong with it. Mostly it’s the link system to be honest.

However, it charges very fast 450-550W charge speeds when used properly and it’s working.

I use up 50-100% of my 1000 battery capacity per day depending on weather (heat eats more fridge power). I am not sitting in one spot, so solar is out of the question.

On average I’m drawing 50-80 watts from my goal zero 24/7, so I need something that can intake 300+ watts so I can get a full charge from 4-12 hours of engine run time.

From what I can see all other power solutions focus on solar and only give you a cigarette plug adapter which I’m assuming is not pulling much power.

Has anyone seen something else?

PS. I am trying to stay away from a dual battery setup. I’ve had it on 3 other vehicles and am tired of the headaches that come with a dual battery.
Not sure why solar is out of the question. I mounted a 100W Rich Solar panel on the roof of my F-150 and it does a great job of keeping my battery topped off with my fridge running. Nice thing about it is it charges anytime the sun is up moving or sitting still.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

this why people do the complicated and expensive installations with DC to DC chargers and so on. like 99 % of this powerstations on the market can't even charge at maximum output of 12v cigarette plug , 10 amps. If they could accept 10 amps.. it would be great and enough for most.. Most of them take only 5 amp maybe...

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ

I can attest to the EcoFlow River Pro. 660W off the inverter allows a full charge in ~ 2 hours from empty. If i need more stations in the future it'll be through EcoFlow. They are a great product in my experience.