Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Yesterday we started our 3 week trip to Sweden and Norway. Travelet through the night to get past Hamburg before traffic pics up. Now just taking a loooong stop before leaving to Kiel to take the ferry to Oslo. The new rig is doing fine.

Sent from my MotoG3 using OB Talk mobile app

On to the ferry. Made it in time.

Now relax and enjoy the trip.

Room with a view.

New day, new country. Norway!

Rain, rain and more rain.
A break in the weather and enjoyin' the view.

Driving from Norway into Sweden these gave us a warm welcome. Yess, off to a good start.

Way to much rain to set the tent
Well, let's go for a warm cabbin than.
And enjoy a warm meal.

July 12, 2017

No rain (Well almost) so we went climbing Nipfjället. And stopt on our way there at the trollvägen. The trollvägen is a nature's wonder. When you stop the car, put it on neutral, the car will roll up the mountain on itself. The kids love it.

There were high winds at Nipfjället. But the climb is verry Well worth it.

Back down we enjoyed a hot Choco with Kanelbullar in the cabin on the parking lot.

On our way back to the campsite, drove through the woods to spot some wildlife. YESS, we spotted them all, moose (2x mother with youngster), Capercaillie (mother with youngsters), Crane and reindeer. (No photos of this on my phone but will ad them back home)

And last but not least chillin' on the dirt road.

Tomorrow we will go south a bit to Mora for a few days before heading north again to do the bear road and the panorama route to Trondheim Norway.

July 13, 2017

Travelin south with the sun by our side.
Made a long stop at a lägerplats (An official campsite in the "wild" to protect nature, in An area where you can not wildcamp)

The kids played in the river and enjoyed the sun, although the wind made it chilly.

Then back on the road again to our campsite for the night. A small and friendly campsite at a lake.Våmåbadet camping: http://www.vamabadet.se/nl/welkom/

Our setup for the night

The view for the night

Enjoyin Sweden to the fullest.

Last edited:

76mv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fife, Scotland, UK
Member #

I am excited to follow your write up. As I will be traveling to Norway and Sweden also. Is it just the two of you and your dog?
Thanks Marco

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Cool a family trip. I will travel to Nordkapp in December with the family (wife and I with 3kids +2 dogs)
We are trying to go to Nordkapp, but the rest of Sweden is so beautyfull that i think we will never ever make it there. [emoji2]

Last edited:
Reactions: 76mv

GeoCampers #4771

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

For some reason can't add tot the original post any more so will post in thread.

July 14, 2017

Not much done today. We just went to a wild park. http://www.orsarovdjurspark.se
Spotted beats, lynx, wolfs, wolverine, ...
If you are in the area it is worth the visit.

Due to the weather forecast we decided to staat one more night and enjoy a little bit of sun tomorrow.

July 15, 2017

Lived the Swedish live today. Went to a lake and spent the whole day there. Swimming, relaxing.
Again a great spot for wild camping. There was a cabine, a compost toilet, a beach.

On our way back took the route through the forrest and enjoyed a little soft roading.

Tomorrow we are heading north again direction Funäsdalen. And then into Norway. Let's hope for some good weather.

Reactions: ASNOBODY and 76mv

GeoCampers #4771

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Back home. I had difficulty conneting the rest of the trip so no more folow up on this; I will complete the trip story this week and ad some more pictures.

Reactions: HankinWI