Launch Member

Member I

Big Spring, TX, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Strande
Member #

Hey everyone! I’ve been reading the forums for over a year and wanted to wait to register ‘til I had a rig. Well... today we picked up a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon. I’d been leaning towards a 4Runner for over a year but in the last month decided definitively on a Jeep & waited to find the right one!
My wife and I love taking our three kids, ages 12, 7, & 3, camping and did a 17 day road trip before in a minivan before ever hearing of overlanding!
I have an 08 Honda Ridgeline that I’ve taken to Big Bend and other trips. Can’t wait to get out in the world with this Jeep!

Attachments

Gulfcoastoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pass Christian, MS, USA
First Name
Les
Last Name
Fillingame
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kb5led
Hey everyone! I’ve been reading the forums for over a year and wanted to wait to register ‘til I had a rig. Well... today we picked up a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon. I’d been leaning towards a 4Runner for over a year but in the last month decided definitively on a Jeep & waited to find the right one!
My wife and I love taking our three kids, ages 12, 7, & 3, camping and did a 17 day road trip before in a minivan before ever hearing of overlanding!
I have an 08 Honda Ridgeline that I’ve taken to Big Bend and other trips. Can’t wait to get out in the world with this Jeep!
welcome to the group! We have a family of four and the kids love it. We also have a Jeep. Happy travels my friend

Reactions: Ofiverland

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Brent and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Jeep. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. The family looks all smiles about the new adventures ahead.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! It's great to see other families overlanding as well! Great parent move.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brent (@Ofiverland) welcome from Oklahoma, though I am originally from Lubbock.
I too have a family of 5 and need to get to work on my trailer so that I can haul the family and the gear. Have you decided how you are going to load out the Jeep?

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Central Texas. We are also a family of 5. But, with two of them now out of school and working, we are an overland of just 3. Enjoy all the adventures with your family.

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
Welcome! Well that is a very nice and capable rig! Hopefully you make some adventures and keep us aware!