Tucson, AZ United States
First Name
Bob
Last Name
McNamara
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KDØWBK

Hey Overland Bounders! As fall approaches the temperatures start to drop in Death Valley and it's time to come out and play! I'll be working for the park again, based in the Texas Springs campground in the Furnace Creek area. The camps in the valley reopen on October 15th. This is my 45th year exploring the valley and my fifth year working here. Stop by the host site in Texas Springs or message me and I'll be glad to share maps and backroad intel with you.

With 3.5 MILLION acres for dirt and rocks, Death Valley is an amazing playground to explore. Let me help! I'll be here through January 2022.

dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Thanks for the information and I'll keep you on mind. I've done a few of the touristy things in DV, but this fall I want to get my 2wd modified Tacoma into some dirt out there and explore the Backcountry a bit. Nothing too crazy, but definitely need to see more of what DV has to offer. Locker, good tires, recovery gear and plenty of clearance. Should be good for a lot of it. Been waiting all year for this fall season.

Reactions: Kozysnack

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Is that a Patriot Camper hitched out back in your photo? Death Valley is on my radar for the near future. Thanks for sharing.

harley97

Rank III

Advocate I

Sun City, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hinton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DKV
Service Branch
USCG
I will be there mid October. This trip has been 2 years in the making thanks to COVID

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT

Hey Overland Bounders! As fall approaches the temperatures start to drop in Death Valley and it's time to come out and play! I'll be working for the park again, based in the Texas Springs campground in the Furnace Creek area. The camps in the valley reopen on October 15th. This is my 45th year exploring the valley and my fifth year working here. Stop by the host site in Texas Springs or message me and I'll be glad to share maps and backroad intel with you.

With 3.5 MILLION acres for dirt and rocks, Death Valley is an amazing playground to explore. Let me help! I'll be here through January 2022.

Death Valley is in my top 5 NPs! Cub & Boy Scouts in Riverside CA in the early '80s snow camping at Telescope, Tours of the Borax mine, coke bottle house, the old mine with the apple trees and water pipe in the side of the hill (best fresh water in the park) Racetrack, Devil's GC, stovepipe and more

Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: PortageBay