Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Colorado, United States
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Nowell
Member #

What are some really good 4x4 trails in CO to see great color? I know about the paved places but what about off-road options?

Thank You,
-Benny-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Alpine Loop area for sure. This past weekend, we were around Pike's Peak and some trails west of there. The aspen's are already starting to change at the high elevations.

Not sure about northern CO

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Dallas Divide/Last Dollar Road or Owl Creek Pass/Silver Jack Reservoir outside of Ouray, CO.
You probably need to go this weekend for the best color though.

Reactions: SLO Rob

JoshD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AF5RY
How about around Thanksgiving? Any offroad areas for sight seeing? I know the Alpine loop, etc will probably be closed by then.

Mima

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Shenkman
Member #

Clovis, I live up in Eagle and I really enjoy the route to the headwaters of the White River. FR 600 (Coffee Pot Road). High mountain pastures, lakes, and tons of foliage...plus awesome fishing and camping at the destination. 27miles 1 way.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

Im planning to go to colorado in late November - early December and it would be cool to get to know other members in the area to ride or camp. Also looking for good trails

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
That time of year is hit or miss. You could see 60 degree days or three feet of snow. Good luck. My bet is on Cold/Windy/with a chance of snow. Most people have stopped wheeling for the year.

Reactions: 18JLU

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

Thanks man, i dont like to go wheeling by myself even thou we are pretty well equipped. I will let you know when we have the dates for sure

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

Nothing wrong with snow..if you are between Glenwood Springs and Denver hit me up!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Hey bro, i will be staying at keystone from the 4th to the 6th. If u cant make it can u offer me some help on choosing some mild trails and great scenic roads around those areas?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Good luck this time of year. Pretty much all the trails around Keystone have been closed for weeks if not a month or more. You might be able to get back up to Montezuma but watch for the crazy hippies. Remember if there is enough snow to ski, most trails will be closed. Not saying you can't see a ton of great scenery but you will probably be pretty much on asphalt. Go to the top of Loveland Pass. Maybe take a drive down to Leadville.

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

Thanks for the advice, what’s the situation with the crazy hippies? I dont see them around here

Reactions: Mima

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
There are some 60's hold overs in Montezuma. They get really pissed if you don't just idle through what they call town. They hate outsiders and I have been told of people getting yelled at and there are stories of shots being fired. I was not personally there to see it but I have heard it multiple times from people I trust.

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

I guess the got to deal with me then. Something like that happened to me here in fl