Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
Hey folks,

I recently bought a Rigid SR-Series Pro 30" LED Light Bar (930314) from this website: RIGID 930314. After receiving the bar, it's unclear to me if this might be fake and not actually a genuine product. I took a few photos from the sides, which don't quite look right to me.

Anybody know how to spot fakes and whether this bar is likely fake or genuine?

Cheers.

Photo Oct 15, 18 45 03.jpg
Photo Oct 15, 18 45 24.jpg

Reactions: Sgtanderson

Phillysteak

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Haasnoot
Member #

We used to carry Rigid lighting at one of my previous companies and their products were always fairly spotless cosmetically out of the box. Aside from what appears to be loose fasteners holding the side plates, it looks like the seal around where the cable comes out of the Light bar is out of place. I doubt Rigid would let these leave the factory line like that.

Plus that 30" Rigid Light bar normally retails for ~$840, the price that company you linked has seems too good to be true.

I'm also pretty sure Rigid uses standard hex cap screws on their products, the Star pattern screws in your photos seems off to me.

Sgtanderson

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Windsor, Virginia, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS, WRFF981
Service Branch
US Army Ret.
Definitely a fair question, until I watched a couple of videos on the subject, I didn't know that counterfeit auto parts of various types are a problem. In my case I was watching a video by FordTechMaculoko on YouTube about how to spot a fake Ford/Motorcraft engine part. The fakers are VERY sophisticated and use packaging that is difficult to notice without a comparison.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Contact Rigid and ask if PCS Customs is a vendor. Easy enough. Send them pics of the product you received. Looks to me not to be genuine. In addition, PCS may be or may have been a dealer for Rigid but are shipping fakes in place.

KrelleKryl

Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
Yeah, I have contacted them multiple times, but no reply or response so far..... Super frustrating - I have a ton of their products.

I'll try again later today - we'll see.