Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Super cool. I think the recovery products of Factor55 are great! I use a Factor55 Flatlink myself for a few years now instead of a winch hook. Am very satisfied with it. Top product and the guys at Factor 55 are supercool dudes and were very helpful assisting with shipping to Europe!

So, what is the purpose of these small straps on the right in the picture?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thank you. So according to the website, as I understand, these short straps are intended as an aid in various recovery situations. Interesting, I'll take a closer look!

EricnSD

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Ericson
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

I know when I was learning to build basic anchors for climbing short lengths of ropes came in handy a lot. Probably the same here, I bet they are super useful for advanced winching techniques using a pulley or device to redirect the winch line's direction or angle.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

As a point of interest Warn has purchased Factor 55.

It will be interesting to see what rebranding takes place ,and if any existing product lines are closed out.

EricnSD

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Ericson
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Oh I didn't know that Warn recently bought Factor55, good to know.

I went with Warn for their winch iirc, I'm still waiting for all the parts I ordered to come in for my Jeep upgrades. Hope my fab shop gets in touch soon, I'm excited for a lift, winch, and onboard air :grinning:

Reactions: bgenlvtex

Wonderland_Recon

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

I am also in the process of shopping for my recovery gear and found this post while searching for something more specific related to snatch block use with synthetic cables. In my research is appears the smaller straps can be used in many different methods, however one of the most common uses that pop up, is to be used around a tree to help prevent damage that would otherwise be caused by using small diameter cables. Often called a Tree Saver.

Reactions: EricnSD