F250 with Palomino Pop-Up Build

• HTML tutorial

SuperDutyKong

Rank 0

Traveler I

SF
Here is my 2001 F250 4WD with the Triton V10

Found it with 80k miles and near showroom condition. K&N intake, Flowmaster exhaust, 2,5" leveling kit, Firestone helper airbags, and brand new 33x12.5 Toyo RTs. I am not crazy about the XD Series 18's but I'll live with them until my next set of rubber. Going to go 35x12.5 R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with Method wheels

It's pretty well there. Planning to add solar, some LED lighting and sort out the plumbing. The previous owner put a huge couch in it so I am going to simplify the seating area.

IMG_6253.JPG IMG_6267.JPG IMG_5976.JPG IMG_6019.JPG IMG_5980.JPG

Dcwn.45

Rank IV

Member I

Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Nyman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0GNE
Nice rig, I agree with you about the wheels, never understood the huge rims,more rubber is better for off .

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Very nice set up. I was looking into getting a fwc for our truck but that was let's say persuaded away from one due to no toilet (toilet inside is a must have for the wife lol). Looks like it should be a good start.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

SuperDutyKong,
That is a nice set-up! You can camp in style with that nice truck and camper. Have you had a chance to use it camping yet? I sure like my truck and camper. Benz.

SuperDutyKong

Rank 0

Traveler I

SF
Took a trip around Oregon the week of the 4th of July. Everything was pretty flawless. About 1700 miles around southern & central OR and got between 9-10 mpg.

IMG_6887.JPG IMG_6701.JPG IMG_6971.JPG

Only issue with the camper right now is the back door. The strike "plate" metal fatigued and broke (it's completely off now). The hinge is also done for.

IMG_7012.JPG

Does anyone know where you can order a replacement door frame assembly for a Palimino???? Not jumping out at me on the net.

Reactions: Camp_Llama

Camp_Llama

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

I work for an OEM, and I would say your best bet is contacting palomino directly at their site under contact us. They should have some sort of parts/service inquiry portal. Only downside to that sort of option is usually the cost of the part(s). Awesome truck! Love the super duty trucks.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling