F150 Dual Battery solution?

• HTML tutorial

The Ocular Engineer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yes, I have done it. I will be putting some info in my build thread but I'll cover it here as well.

Let me start by saying, this was not a weekend project. As with most custom fab projects, it probably took 3x as long as I thought it would (plan accordingly for the amount of beer required).

1. Relocate the windshield washer fluid tank forward by a few inches.
20170828_113957.jpg
2. Build a battery tray to hold 2 Optima batteries.
20170919_084249.jpg
And don't forget to make up a bunch of battery cables.
It is just that easy.

Actually, it was a very time consuming project that involved welding, machining & whittling plastic. The pan is aluminum with fitments welded to it. There is a UHMW sheet to cover it that the batteries sit on. The parts that hold the batteries to the pan are machined out of aluminum. Then there is a UHMW sheet that tops it all that I mounted some OD the electrical distribution on.
20170919_090825.jpg
I may have a mental illness.

Reactions: Jason Jackson

Trailaholic

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Norco, CA
Member #

I only have an extended cab, but under the rear bench seems to be a decent amount of room

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I don't have duals but might as well for the size or my single odyssey 2250
Step one see if it fits.1433545501188.jpg

Step two build a battery box to hold that big bastard.
DSC_0001_zpsjegifxwm.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsgwroujkz.jpg

Step three mount and secure the battery then extend battery cables as required.
DSC_0007_zpsaguorlei.jpg

Bisco Bum

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

TImmins Ontario
Member #

Thanks for the great ideas! Ocular...I'm currently on the road, I'm going to take a look at my truck and see if I can make that work. You've done a great job! I'm pretty sure the bonnet arrangement is the same for the 07-10

Nathaniel Elliott

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Bowie, MD
Member #

Thanks for the great ideas! Ocular...I'm currently on the road, I'm going to take a look at my truck and see if I can make that work. You've done a great job! I'm pretty sure the bonnet arrangement is the same for the 07-10
Did you build this out? Curious about doing something like this with my 2010 as well and would love any input you have! I don't have the ability to do any fabrication so trying to see what I can purchase and update!

Bisco Bum

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

TImmins Ontario
Member #

Did you build this out? Curious about doing something like this with my 2010 as well and would love any input you have! I don't have the ability to do any fabrication so trying to see what I can purchase and update!
I have not, been to busy with other projects. Spring has just sprung here in Northern Ontario. Getting the Rig and trailer ready for another camping season.