Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

So I’m planning on building my own bed rack for my F150 and just started the designing stages. One side will have a ladder and rotopax mounted and the other will have my shovel and handyman jack mounted. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. I will keep updating this post as the build continues too!

Attachments

That looks awesome! Cant wait to see it on the truck i have from what it looks from your picture around the same year f150! only difference i have a camper shell on mine i wish this rack could go over my shell haha! Excited for the finished product pictures

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Because I haven't found the right bed rack for the right price {if they even exist}, I'm at the point of starting to design one for my Tundra.. Similar to yours. I'm hoping my end product will be close to a CanBak bed topper but with more/better mounting options like what you're doing..

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Because I haven't found the right bed rack for the right price {if they even exist}, I'm at the point of starting to design one for my Tundra.. Similar to yours. I'm hoping my end product will be close to a CanBak bed topper but with more/better mounting options like what you're doing..
Yeah the biggest reason I decided to just build one myself was because of the ridiculous cost everybody is charging for them. And yeah I hope to use mine for mounting and also to have the basket on top for additional storage for longer trips. I plan to also mount pods on each leg so I can get 360 lighting in camp or night driving.

Reactions: Scout

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I have the DECKED bed drawers.. I intend on having that as my "box spring" for my inflatable sleep mats. I was considering a Softopper bed cover and modify a contractors rack to fit the outside of the Softopper. I'm not sure if that will work easy enough. That's when I decided to make my own frame and have the canvas over the top of the frame or mount to the underside side so I can still have items on the outside.. I plan on light pods as well.. Sounds like we are going to build the same frame..kinda..