F-150 Build

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I usually am not a Ford man, but, I have to say, yours is pretty damn sharp man!

What kind of future upgrades you planning?

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I got to go out and play a little in back yard today. Against the Doctors and Mrs.'s orders, lol. I think I'm done fixing and installing things till winter is over. She's absolutely locked down the way she is until hunting season is over.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Boredom on a slow Tuesday..

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your parts from? I'm looking for a good place so I can start getting some parts for the truck.

Also, how's the ride with the 2200 springs? Is it noticeably stiff than stock?

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I get parts from wherever I can find the cheapest price, easiest service or the best warranty. Ford things like Alternators and starters I go with Advance or Autozone. There's almost always one within driving distance to swap them out if I need one in a hurry. So far I haven't had to swap either of them out yet, lol.

I got my Ford electric fans and Moog upper control arms from Amazon. Things like that don't seem to wear or break often so I don't mind ordering from online.

2200 springs do ride a lot stiffer than stock but more like a newer F250. They're geared more for towing than trailing but I'm willing to give up a little flex for better towing.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I forgot about RockAuto. I've ordered tons of stuff from there. My Expedition calipers are from RA. Next to Amazon, their the second place I look for genuine Ford parts. Advance uses BWD sensors so that's where I try to order that stuff from.

The radio is an AVIC 5000nex. It does everything I need it to. I don't watch movies or connect my Iphone as a streaming device so it works out great. It also has its own GPS Navigation so I'm not stuck someplace without cell service.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

There's not much going on right now. I took the "winter mode" tonneau cover back off permanently. It seemed like it was getting in the way more than it helped.

I ordered those flares in the last picture and everything for my E-Fan conversion. I still haven't installed the hood vent since it's winter time and it's not really needed yet. ..although it was 72* out today, lol.

I don't really have any plans for the winter. (except driving it and of course installing the e-fan this week.)

Here's a picture of the controller/wiring harness for my E-fan conversion. Parts for it have been trickling in.

We're buying a house in January so it's going to be a very slow few months anyway. This summer I'm putting in a new engine and I might get custom axles so I can switch to a 2012+ Factory Ford Electric Locker.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

More Powa! lol

The stock engine has 260 hp @ 4,500 rpm & 350 lb-ft @ 2,500 rpm (flywheel) which is fine for lugging around the truck on the trails but it's in dire need when hauling a trailer through the mountains. Even with 4.56 gears it's still not enough power. There's about 100k on this engine which means it still has plenty of life but swapping to a high compression 4 valve navigator engine with B heads or a Lightning engine with a stock Eaton supercharger would give me everything I need, more and be completely reliable for another 200k+ miles.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Makes sense. Compared to the 4.6L non PI in my Dad's truck 260hp and 350 lb/ft would be insane, haha.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

This is also my first truck after a long line of Muscle and Race cars so I do still have that Hp itch. I know it's sometimes counter productive to want a lot more hp/tq with the needs of endurance travel overlanding but with the 4v and the lightning engines both being proven ford systems, I don't think it would be much more of a risk than any other part of my Ford.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

437k on my 5.4 f250 superduty.

Wont here me knockin the 5.4... it knocks... not me lol

Timing chains are in the garage, just need time to doit...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wolvee