Exus In Idaho

• HTML tutorial

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

I’ve created this to jot down the trips my family takes for our own reference to look back on and to share with anyone here on OB. Enjoy, and see you on the trail!

Good weekend trip. Left Orofino Idaho Friday after work and took the highway to Riggins, turned on the Salmon river, found a spot to set up for the night. Went up French Creek to Bergdorf hotsprings, then into McCall for lunch and Napa for a battery for the jeep, typical outing with a Cherokee jk. Took Lick Creek over to Yellow Pine then onto Warm Lake for the night. Sunday went to Deadwood lake, great lunch stop and refreshing dip. Onward to Garden Valley then back home. Nothing challenging, just under 600 miles if God's beautiful country, Idahome.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

Took a trip down to Kirkwood ranch on a friends recommendation. Short trip, turned into a tight jeep” trail mostly used by ATVs to get down to the Snake River. Enjoyed the museum set up and sharing it with my family and used as a leaning experience for my 6 year old.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Looks awesome! Would love to get my F150 up there maybe a bit narrow in parts though. I went to the harmonica festival last year in Yellowpine while camping at Johnson Creek. Great pics

Reactions: justjohnthomas

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

Went on an weekend ride OB from Superior Mt to Avery ID. Took the 250 Road up and met up with some great members on Hoodoo pass. Met up with the big group in Superior. Checked out Gildersleeve Mine, private owned. Camped at table camp for the night. Next day up to Conrad lookout, then down into Avery. We made our way down the Joe then back home. A great weekend out with a great group of people, thank you to those who organized the event.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I only have one thing to say about this, AWESOME Great pictures

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

Quick overnight trip, from Clarkia went up to Hobo Cedar Grove then hiked down to an old Steam Donkey on Hobo Creek. Dropped down Marble Creek to the Joe and up Big Creek to meet up with some friends staying for the week in their Taj Mahal camper. Definitely beat taking the paved road. On the way home stopped at the rest area for the Little one 15 minutes from home and met a very nice couple from France traveling the world. You never know what those extra stops will bring and this one was a pleasant surprise. IMG_0234.JPGIMG_0236.JPGIMG_0239.JPGIMG_0255.JPGIMG_0258.JPGIMG_0261.JPGIMG_0262.JPGIMG_0263.JPGIMG_0264.JPGIMG_0266.JPG

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

Over the weekend the better half picked up some shifts so I utilized the time at home to install some load support bags and a prophylactic change of the radiator. She got off at 6pm Sunday and had said she wanted to watch the meteor shower so surprised her and headed out of town down to the Salmon river getting in just after 9pm and spent then night on the beach then headed home the next morning after an easy breakfast [emoji6] Quick overnighter, but well worth it! IMG_0299.JPGIMG_0302.JPGIMG_0310.JPGIMG_0312.JPGIMG_0313.JPGIMG_0314.JPGIMG_0316.JPGIMG_0319.JPG

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

Been busy with family events recently, but managed to squeeze in a quick trip over the Lolo Motorway with some good friends. Stopped off for lunch at Rocky Ridge lake, then was on to Castle Butte Lookout for a quick stop. Overnight at Horseshoe lake with showers and fogged in for the last section down to the highway the next morning. IMG_0357.JPGIMG_0362.JPGIMG_0364.JPGIMG_0365.JPGIMG_0366.JPGIMG_0371.JPGIMG_0375.JPGIMG_0376.JPG