KILO19

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Houglin
Alright fellow overlanders. Gotta question for you. I’ve got a space in the back seat with in the front center console that does nothing. Want to utilize this space but need some brainstorming ideas.
I don’t spend more then 2-3 days in the vehicle but usually can pack it out full. I have a secondary battery, interior lights, extra usbs.

If you can think of something let me know.

Edit: I’m good with molding and body work to say take out the drawer and mock up something in its place.
Built my own switch bank in place of where the sun glass holder is in the front.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
If it vents well it could be a good space for a mobile radio. It could hold a small sidearm/ammo. Airdown kit? Game closet? Toothbrush / wash rag holder? Commonly used tool(s) holder?

Reactions: OTH Overland

KILO19

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Houglin
With it being in the back and near the floor, i thought an inverter...(one thing i do want to add). but i've got storage places in the back for most of what you mentioned above. Its just kind of a dead space i'd like to utilize.

Reactions: Ubiety

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Careful, if word gets out you have "extra" space, the overlanding machine will invent a new gadget you did not know you needed, but can't live without, give it a fancy overlanding name and take convenient monthly payments for it... aka the "Tri-Peak semi automatic donut dispenser for consoles" once you unpack it you find out it only takes proprietary triangular shaped donuts, which they will happily provide at a nominal fee.. kidding aside, on my WJ I repurposed the sliding cup holder that came out in the same space to accept the control units for two radios (CB and GMRS) in that case both were low power units that do not create a buch of heat. There was less space than I thought due to the under the arm rest storage using most of the space, but enough to slide radios under.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety and KILO19

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I use those spaces for my "quick" items. I have small pouches i put things in. One has a small flashlight, tire pressure gauge, multi tool, core remover. Another has Band-Aids, aspirin, bug repellant. I don't like stuffing electronics in things like that because I don't want to drill holes and route wires. I will on the other hand, glue Velcro to the sides and to my pouches so they don't move around.