Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Since the beginning of May Deb, Gunner and I have traveled approximately 7,000 miles. From California to Arizona, to South Dakota and all the way to Alaska! Once in British Columbia we ran into some drama when we broke the passenger side axel on our Patriot Camper. After bout eight days of waiting a replacement was shipped out from Australia and we switched them in our Campsite and got back on the road!

We made it to Alaska and only one word comes to mind “Spectacular.”

Here some images of our Journey, enjoy.

Attachments

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Since the beginning of May Deb, Gunner and I have traveled approximately 7,000 miles. From California to Arizona, to South Dakota and all the way to Alaska! Once in British Columbia we ran into some drama when we broke the passenger side axel on our Patriot Camper. After bout eight days of waiting a replacement was shipped out from Australia and we switched them in our Campsite and got back on the road!

We made it to Alaska and only one word comes to mind “Spectacular.”

Here some images of our Journey, enjoy.
The Pan American to Alaska is my dream. Outside of the axel issue, have you had any other issues with the Patriot Camper? What caused the axel to break?

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Other than the axel, there’s been zero drama with our Patriot Camper. We love this trailer, it’s actually a beast.

Exploration Outfitters told us we could put 35’s on the trailer but later found out Cruisemaster said no, but by then it was too late!

The Pan American Highway is on our list as well. I’ve got at least two other rigs interested in the adventure, just waiting for some of the craziness down there to subside. Probably year after next, that will give time to plan

Reactions: dstock

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Other than the axel, there’s been zero drama with our Patriot Camper. We love this trailer, it’s actually a beast.

Exploration Outfitters told us we could put 35’s on the trailer but later found out Cruisemaster said no, but by then it was too late!

The Pan American Highway is on our list as well. I’ve got at least two other rigs interested in the adventure, just waiting for some of the craziness down there to subside. Probably year after next, that will give time to plan
I’m almost positive Patriot Campers runs 35s on their trailers in Aus. Not sure what the issue is there. I also thought you could hub match a PC to your rig so you could have the same tires/wheels all around?

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

I’m almost positive Patriot Campers runs 35s on their trailers in Aus. Not sure what the issue is there. I also thought you could hub match a PC to your rig so you could have the same tires/wheels all around?
Yes you can match them, we’re running 6x139 stud pattern but the only way to run 35’s is to either run a negative offset wheel or spacers and don’t think the stub axel on the 10” brake swing arm can handle it!

I know someone that ran spacers he had the same outcome!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just a few more pictures from our laest campsite outside Hope, Alaska! No words can describe

Attachments

Reactions: dstock

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC

Yes you can match them, we’re running 6x139 stud pattern but the only way to run 35’s is to either run a negative offset wheel or spacers and don’t think the stub axel on the 10” brake swing arm can handle it!

I’m running the Method 701s in a 17x8.5 with 0 offset and 4.75” of backspacing. 315/70r17 is my tire size. Do you think that would work on the PC?

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

I’m running the Method 701s in a 17x8.5 with 0 offset and 4.75” of backspacing. 315/70r17 is my tire size. Do you think that would work on the PC?
Don’t know if they’ll clear the e-brake lines with zero off set