EXPO WEST 2017

• HTML tutorial

llibrm

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Convection Oven AZ
Member #

Expo West this year has changed locations. It will now be closer to Fort Tuthill outside of Flagstaff rather than Mormon Lake as in years past. The Dates are May 12-14

Here is a link to the expo's main page - https://www.overlandexpo.com/west/

So for this years event I was wondering where the majority of people are staying? On site as part of the package or offsite out in the forest?

I wanted to create a poll but not sure how at the moment...

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
I am staying on site in one of the camp sites. If you signed up early enough they were available and I grabbed one.

However I will be out for 2 weeks in Arizona and Utah................

llibrm

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Convection Oven AZ
Member #

I just wasn't sure about the camping. In years past, there were so many restrictions. Ill probably camp off site as I've always done. I like the freedom of being able to have a campfire and have a large or small group with me.

minnesotamatt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Champlin, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Beglinger
Member #

It appears to lake to camp on-site so will need to camp and drive in, I think. Never been to Expo West before, but looking forward to it. Does anyone know how "forest" parking works? Is it dispersed and you just find an available spot or is there more to it than that?

minnesotamatt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Champlin, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Beglinger
Member #

We will be staying in the Turtleback Trailers "Herd" camping area. Feel free to stop by!
I hope we connect! Didn't realize you were on OB. My wife and I watch your YouTube channel and love it. Whenever there's a new video we watch it. We've got three young daughters and you give us hope of overlanding with young ones.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I will be staying at the military side of Ft. Tuthill campgrounds. This should be my last camping trip in AZ, as my new job will be either in Denver to Oklahoma City. That is if they let me stay here in AZ until then. :) My job and this event can not get here fast enough..