Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Mike, the National Forest Office in Mountain Home, ID hasn't updated there web-site information since March, due to COVID. About 6 weeks ago, we drove up to Camas County and it appeared that there was still alot of Snow up there. I reached out to a friend who has a Cabin in Atlanta - but haven't heard back from him, So I don't know if the Rocky Bar Road is open. . . Maybe after yard work in the AM, I'll try to convince the Mrs., to take a small ride, another friend said the front road into Trinity Lakes are still snow bound, before you can get to the turnoff to Lookout Road.
This is what was posted on the National Forest Website going into Memorial Day weekend.
"The Trinity Mountains are not expected to be clear of snow until mid-July. However log hauling operation may begin the week of May 23 on NFS road 172 and a portion of NFS road 183, operations will stop over the Memorial Holiday weekend. A section of Trail 172 also has a closure and is posted on the ground. There is a suggested detour. "
DG
Thanks for the report David... we are planning a trip from Eagle, Idaho to Deadwood Reservoir then down to Trinity Lakes, then from Trinity Lakes to Anderson Ranch Reservoir For the middle of July. It’s looking like we might be way under prepared for this trip,after hearing stories of the WABDR.