Rank II

Contributor III

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Crannick
Member #

And a kind of new way to travel. My wife and I have always been the sort to just wander, instead of taking a direct route. We just simply didn’t like the freeway traffic. So we have decided it’s time to explore more, not just to stay away from the crowd. To actually reach a destination by setting a route that becomes the destination. That’s our story, now to the forums to see what sparks an interest. Not so hard core my f150 will struggle, yet remote enough to surprise.

Reactions: Kent R and Jay

Jay

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Canada
First Name
jay
Last Name
mysterious
Member #

Good tires, a bit of smarts on the trails, and some basic recovery gear will get your f150 to a great many places :) hopefully its a a4x4 xD welcome

Roy61

Rank II

Contributor III

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Crannick
Member #

Good tires, a bit of smarts on the trails, and some basic recovery gear will get your f150 to a great many places :) hopefully its a a4x4 xD welcome
Yes it is 4X4, even has a rear E locker(never been used). I am looking at some different recovery options, also some kind of communication options. Then of course sifting through all the other goodies you see on the YouTube channel. It’s a lot to think about. Primarily our trips have stayed mostly on road, hope to get a bit of off-road mixed in this year. Years ago I ran a Jeep into some crazy places, don’t really what to go that far this time.

Reactions: Jay

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome from Southern California! We always call what you “Drifting”. The pan was no plan but to look around the next corner.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome. My brother is in Warrensburg. Even stock, your truck should get you everywhere you want to go. The best recovery tool is your brain. Know/respect your vehicle and your own limits and you should be good.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
And a kind of new way to travel. My wife and I have always been the sort to just wander, instead of taking a direct route. We just simply didn’t like the freeway traffic. So we have decided it’s time to explore more, not just to stay away from the crowd. To actually reach a destination by setting a route that becomes the destination. That’s our story, now to the forums to see what sparks an interest. Not so hard core my f150 will struggle, yet remote enough to surprise.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course