Event Cancelled - Wheeling and Woodstock - 09/15/2018

• HTML tutorial

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Meet up at Pavemint in Front Royal 1pm, head out get our day passes to run Peters Mill OHV Park. Drive up to Woodstock Tower for views and hopefully a group photo and primitive camping in the surrounding woods. Check out our NOVA meet up thread. CBs encouraged but not required.

Last edited:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I hope to be there as well! Do you think there will be any openings wherever your staying Saturday night?
Awesome! Yep....there's numerous spots to primative camp, so worst case, we may not all be in the same exact spot, but we'll be on the same road, withing a very short distance of each other. There's also Little Fort Campground, just a couple miles from the primative spots, and right next to the OHV trails, and then there's Elizabeth Furnace Campground, with facilities, and very well kept, which is about 20 min away. So, numerous options.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

DrRobert

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bristow, VA
Member #

I just did the Woodstock Tower trail on Saturday. I really enjoyed it and would definitely go back. I'm interested in the Peter's Mill trail. I got to the Tower and Little Fort from Fort Valley Rd then SR 771 (Boyer Rd). While I wanted to go on Peter's Mill, the rain convinced us to head down out of Woodstock Gap into Woodstock. The views from the tower were pretty good despite the bad weather. I'll have to check my schedule with my Planning Coordinator (wife) and put myself down as a maybe for this event. It sounds like fun.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I just did the Woodstock Tower trail on Saturday. I really enjoyed it and would definitely go back. I'm interested in the Peter's Mill trail. I got to the Tower and Little Fort from Fort Valley Rd then SR 771 (Boyer Rd). While I wanted to go on Peter's Mill, the rain convinced us to head down out of Woodstock Gap into Woodstock. The views from the tower were pretty good despite the bad weather. I'll have to check my schedule with my Planning Coordinator (wife) and put myself down as a maybe for this event. It sounds like fun.

Awesome.....hope you can make it DRROBERT! The whole Fort Valley/Woodstock area is a great little playground.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Hey everyone, I might be stating the obvious, but we might have to cancel the trip for this weekend 9/15th and 16th. I know it’s only Tuesday, but with all the rain we’ve had and upcoming hurricane effect, I’d rather be cautious. I know that means the hurricane will never touch us now. If enough people have a different viewpoint I can leave rally point up, but if not, I’ll close it Wednesday. Sorry ;-(

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everyone, I might be stating the obvious, but we might have to cancel the trip for this weekend 9/15th and 16th. I know it’s only Tuesday, but with all the rain we’ve had and upcoming hurricane effect, I’d rather be cautious. I know that means the hurricane will never touch us now. If enough people have a different viewpoint I can leave rally point up, but if not, I’ll close it Wednesday. Sorry ;-(
Think I agree JRElaxED. As much as I don't want to admit it .... sounds like to obvious choice at this point, unless something changes tomorrow with the track.

Reactions: DrRobert