Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
So this trip has been muted in the past but here is a few details that if there is enough interest I can put together for 2022 ( Covid Allowing).

Many of us are gazing longingly at Morocco or the likes of the Pyrenneees but as we have seen recently plans for these countries can be thrown in chaos and cancellation at short notice due to new Covid variants popping up.
So whilst this trip does not have the majestic mountains of Spain or the exotic mysteries of Morocco it does tick many of the boxes for an trip.

So its a road trip to visit the highest pubs in the 4 countries of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Although the distances are not big this is a true overlanding trip in the sense it crosses 4 international borders, visits 5 independent countries and involves 2 ferry crossings.
The route can be modified to add in the Wild Atlantic Way a 1600 mile tour of the island Of Ireland West Coast.

So lets see who is interested and we can start to look at options.

Ferry crossing Costs Budgetary based on prices now for travel in May 2022:

Wales to the Republic Of Ireland is approximately £250 per vehicle with a driver and 1 passenger.
Northern Ireland to Scotland is approximately £150.00 per vehicle with a driver and 1 passenger.

4 Pubs Challenge.JPG

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That's a really great idea, Dave! You have already mentioned how it looks travel-wise at the moment and so it is of course uncertain for members from other countries whether a participation would be possible and if so under which conditions. I will keep this however on the radar. Have fun planning!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Still hopeful of trip to Morocco and it remains booked…

any idea of dates?

also got one eye on abenteur Allred still.

surely not another year of bedlam?

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Still hopeful of trip to Morocco and it remains booked…

any idea of dates?

also got one eye on abenteur Allred still.

surely not another year of bedlam?
We would like to do Allrad in 2022 also but being realistic we will only make that decision closer to the time.
I have carried over an extra 2 weeks holiday into 2022 so we are looking and hoping for an Allrad / Alps trip of 3 weeks in the summer but again nothing is certain or planned.

The 4 Pubs trip can be covered in 4 easy days but better to cover a week to make it more fun and leisurely. But if its decided to add in the Wild Atlantic way that will need another 10 days so then we are looking at a 2 week trip at least.

Dates wise is open, I looked at May initially but September is also possible with Allrad 3 week trip for us in June / July.
Once we see how much interest I can firm up dates and then start real planning.
For now this is a generate interest post.

Last edited:
Reactions: professorpool