Whitefish, Montana, United States
First Name
Kim
Last Name
Richards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DUE
Sounds like fun, and just 36 miles from the house, I'd be up for it except for a disability caused by a botched surgery in Feb., Caveat: The "East Fork fire is about 9.7 miles to the SSW of Blue Lake and the smoke has been nasty around here the last few days. In fact, a stretch of the forest road I would probably take if driving from the west, forms part of the control line on the west flank. USFS is asking the public to stay away.
We may swing by on Sat., just to say hi.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Sounds like fun, and just 36 miles from the house, I'd be up for it except for a disability caused by a botched surgery in Feb., Caveat: The "East Fork fire is about 9.7 miles to the SSW of Blue Lake and the smoke has been nasty around here the last few days. In fact, a stretch of the forest road I would probably take if driving from the west, forms part of the control line on the west flank. USFS is asking the public to stay away.
That’s what I’m worried about if we need to cancel or go to a different spot. Blue lake is beautiful, but if it’s under smoke, no fun and not safe with fire crews.

Any chance you could swing by and check it out?

MTNTRLS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Kim
Last Name
Richards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DUE
Sounds like fun, and just 36 miles from the house, I\'d be up for it except for a disability caused by a botched surgery in Feb., Caveat: The \"East Fork fire is about 9.7 miles to the SSW of Blue Lake and the smoke has been nasty around here the last few days. In fact, a stretch of the forest road I would probably take if driving from the west, forms part of the control line on the west flank. USFS is asking the public to stay away.
That’s what I’m worried about if we need to cancel or go to a different spot. Blue lake is beautiful, but if it’s under smoke, no fun and not safe with fire crews.

Any chance you could swing by and check it out?
The smoke was better at the house yesterday, but that is a moving target. (air quality layer on gaiagps showed the same "moderate" air quality at Blue Lake as here. I will try to get up there today to check fore any closure signs or heavy traffic.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
The smoke was better at the house yesterday, but that is a moving target. (air quality layer on gaiagps showed the same "moderate" air quality at Blue Lake as here. I will try to get up there today to check fore any closure signs or heavy traffic.
Ok thank you!

MTNTRLS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Kim
Last Name
Richards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DUE
Glad we made it up on Saturday, it was fun catting with everyone; Not sure how I ended up thinking it was a Northwest Overland Society trip, except that they started a trip on Sat., from the Seattle area to the continental divide in Montana.