Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Following on from a members comment on the Regional WhatsApp group that it was good to see lots of new members, and because I have seen quite a few comments recently on FB Groups where the commentor mentions they are OB members. I realised I did not recognise them nor heard or talked to them so I took a look at the Members map for our region. This is partly due to a failure on my part to follow up on all new members when @Kent R or other OB Director / Rep flagged them up. This is something hopefully between myself, and the other reps we can remedy and ensure every new member is welcomed and given a shout out.

Member Map.JPG

Wow the Members Map was an eye opener, the number of orange dots (members) has increased quite considerably over lock down.
So the next challenge is to try and get these members involved as this community lives and breathes by the members and the interactions between them.

So if you come across a member encourage them to make contact, invite them to a trip or a meet or even just a coffee and direct them myself or the reps to help them get the benefit of their paid membership.
Prior to lockdown Coffee Meets were a thing where a couple of members would get together for a chin wag and tyre kicking session.
Lets get them going again. it breaks up the working week and gives opportunity to plan and discuss.

Registered.JPG

Next I looked at registered users (black dots). These are potential members and in my mind have joined to "try before they buy" and as such again lets encourage them to become involved. If you come across them invite them to a meet, encourage them to visit the forums and Rally Point. Remember registered users can access Rally Point events they just can't create them.

Overall this is a massive community, probably now the biggest Overlanding community in the UK. We can use that potential for the benefit of our community and the benefit of the local communities where we live with Trail Guardian Events etc.

Any members who wish to join the WhatsApp group you can find a link on the OB West Europe facebook page or direct message myself, Stephen (@caspoint220 ) or Nik and Leann ( @professorpool ) and we will get you included.