Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

So no idea if this is in the right forum but I’m pretty new here :). I didn’t find a real topic about it but I guess a lot of people do have a emergency bag / shtf or bug out bag or whatever you want to call it.

I first started mine almost 2 years ago now I guess. I take it with me on long trips, holidays but it also the go to place for the in house emergency’s because it has the medkit and flashlights in it. It isn’t really a 24/48/72 hour kit, but here in the Netherlands we aren’t really in the position to be alone out there for more then a few hours anyway, so it is just a basic list of things I want to have by my side when shit does hit the fan. I just wanted to know if you all had one? And what you carry in it?

In mine I carry some water, food, paracord, some stuff to start a fire, flashlight, a good knife (Mora Companion) a first aid kit, sporks, basic hygiene stuff, some money and much more.

I could make a complete list if it is wanted but most is in this Youtube vid I made a good while ago. Only the flashlight and Mora knife and a few other things got added since then.

YouTube link here

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I used to carry a day pack strapped to the back of the driver's seat. While I was at a wedding a few years ago someone decided to smashed the glass and take the bag. I lost some really nice equipment in that bag. The replacement only sits in the truck for trips. Once the cargo windows are caged, it'll hang from the dog guard in that space full time, and attach to the back of the seat for trips. I always have a Guide 1 from Adventure Medical Kits in the back seat.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Chris Zawacki

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA
Member #

Never thought about having a pack ready to go whenever. I usually put it all together right before a trip but good ideas on what else I should pack. Thanks for posting!