Embarrassing Situations...

• HTML tutorial

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

So there i am.... Dropping my daughters friend who just spend the night after going to the Washington State Fair. When i ask my Ma' (i dunno where that slang came from) "Hey, can you watch the kid for a few hours while i pop out" of course She's ok with it, i rarely ask so when i do she typically is.

Any who, I get out and get a wild hair to go out to a ORV park (Tahuya) well i get Belair, WA a town within 10 miles of my destination when i realize that I left all my off-road goodies at home and stowed where i normally stow my back seat...

long story short, tail tucked between my legs i had to go home. The whole ride home watching all the sweet rides headed there I was so embarrassed! But, I personally won't go out without some of my essentials. recovery bag and tool kit mainly.

anyone else done something like this? I would love to hear your story, if you turned around like me or if you are braver than I ended up going how was it. Either way, did you regret it or was it the time of your life?

Reactions: STPICKENS

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Whew! I was staring to think I was alone in the embarrassment!

Don't get me wrong that sucks you got stuck.

Thank you for your story and not leaving me alone in my shame!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: 15frontier

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I got halfway to a gig once and realized my guitar was still in it's case on the couch at home. I made it in time, but BARELY.........

Bandmates NEVER let me live it down.

"Do you have your guitar?".............................................

Reactions: 15frontier

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't really think that's embarrassing, it does happen. Maybe inconvenient is a better term? When @offroadohio and his crew came through last week, I had intended to throw my come-along and a few other things in the Xterra so when I followed them across the state line I could go do some solo exploring when we parted ways. I found the road I had intended to check out and even walked a short bit of it. The wife and I usually have lunch together on Fridays and it was very near lunch time but I decided to give it a little go anyways (bone stock Xterra S on 30" street tires). About 50 yards in, I realized I was coming to a little ledge I could probably climb back over going forward but I didn't think I'd be able to back up it if I couldn't find a turn around.

So erring on the side of caution, and not wanting to get stuck in the boonies with no means of self extraction and also miss a lunch date with my wife, I backed out of the trail head and headed to the house. I'll go back, but I'll have a 2nd rig with me or at the very least my extractions chains and come-along.

Reactions: NW David