Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Ok folks I have been in discussion with the Rotary Club Intl who are interested in having a small number of Overland Adventure themed vehicles at the Rotofun 2020 weekend show in Elgin around June next year.

I’d like to put an OB stand together however there are limited spaces and you must be happy to talk about your vehicles to members of the public that attend.

I would also like to use the event to support Veterans In Action so would be looking at possibly running some kind of raffle and will ask Overland Bound, local businesses and Overland Companies like Tuff-Trek etc if they would be willing to donate items for the raffle.
If one of VIA vehicles could also attend then obviously even better.

Camping is available with portaloo toilets and showers and is currently £5.00 per vehicle but the Rotary Club are trying to get Moray Council to waiver this. Only pre-requisite is Campers must stay to the end on the Sunday for the benefit of the paying public.

It is early days but firstly I’d like to gauge interest to get an idea of how many vehicles we can get together and secondly to start making some solid plans for the show once I have dates confirmed. Last years was the beginning of June.

So please respond if you are interested in attending to help support OB and VIA sprcifically.

Stewart (Stu) Pirie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Laurencekirk, UK
Member #

Ok folks I have been in discussion with the Rotary Club Intl who are interested in having a small number of Overland Adventure themed vehicles at the Rotofun 2020 weekend show in Elgin around June next year.

I’d like to put an OB stand together however there are limited spaces and you must be happy to talk about your vehicles to members of the public that attend.

I would also like to use the event to support Veterans In Action so would be looking at possibly running some kind of raffle and will ask Overland Bound, local businesses and Overland Companies like Tuff-Trek etc if they would be willing to donate items for the raffle.
If one of VIA vehicles could also attend then obviously even better.

Camping is available with portaloo toilets and showers and is currently £5.00 per vehicle but the Rotary Club are trying to get Moray Council to waiver this. Only pre-requisite is Campers must stay to the end on the Sunday for the benefit of the paying public.

It is early days but firstly I’d like to gauge interest to get an idea of how many vehicles we can get together and secondly to start making some solid plans for the show once I have dates confirmed. Last years was the beginning of June.

So please respond if you are interested in attending to help support OB and VIA sprcifically.
I'm keen Dave,
Not far from me and I'm more than willing to let folk look around the Landy

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Jakes2514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sutton Heath, Sutton, Woodbridge, IP12 3EQ, United Kingdom
First Name
Jakes
Last Name
van der Merwe
Member #

I will need to look at my availability closer to the date but other than that I would be keen, It would be a little adventure driving from Portsmouth to Elgin [emoji6]
My rig isn’t quite to the spec as some of yours but happy to chat about it... very few Overlanders aren’t [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I will need to look at my availability closer to the date but other than that I would be keen, It would be a little adventure driving from Portsmouth to Elgin [emoji6]
My rig isn’t quite to the spec as some of yours but happy to chat about it... very few Overlanders aren’t [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Sounds great Jake be good to see you up here in the exotic North