Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

In my professional life it seems there is an adage, a proverb or short statement expressing a general truth, for just about everything. “Two is one, one is none”, “Slow is smooth, smooth is fast” and “take care of your equipment and your equipment will take care of you” are a few common examples. The ‘golden rule’ of off-road driving is also an adage, “as slow as possible, as fast as necessary”.

So I throw this out to my OB community - share with me an adage that you have found useful while overlanding, or maybe just for life in general.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Overlanding - self-reliant travel to remote destinations where the journey is the principal goal.

We will get there when we get there. Enjoy the view..... oh and the there may change.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

That reminds me of one I once heard in academy, “listen to the whispers and you won’t have to listen to the screams”. Meaning if we listen, then we may not allow things to get worse. Thanks for the post, Haminacan.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I heard this in reference to building my kit while in special operations, but it’s very applicable to overlanding.

“If it is important enough to carry with you, it is important enough to properly secure”.