• HTML tutorial

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Tribe,
I'm always looking out to see if there's a way I can improve my experience out on the trail, in my day to day life - whatever. Organization is big for me - I like for there to be a place for everything - and that ethos is especially true for my pockets and pack.

So, anyway, I was googling around and looking on some other forums and ran across this gem:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/487426391/the-poc-kit-edc-pocket-organizer?ref=hp_rv

I ordered two within minutes of reading about them..
You know, because I need another pouch :tonguewink:.

So, seeing there's been some active talk about knives and multitools, I figured I would share this.

Reactions: Moxy and Kelly

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Thats pretty cool looking. I don't like a lot loose in my pockets. Maybe this might be a better option. Let us know how it works out!
I'm excited to try it out. I carry a few different tools on me and in my pack that I would like easy access to - so I see this being a benefit in my day to day life and easily being transferred to my life outdoors.
Details to follow!!!

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

looks pretty descent and the price is ok. As above, let us know how you get on. I could certainly use it to make things less cluttered in my works laptop bag which currently houses my edc kit. However the wide pockets in my laptop bag mean everything moves around too freely and always looks a mess. This might do the trick nicely.

Reactions: RaggedViking

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

So back before it got cold and snowy here in New England, I started this thread regarding the Yellow Birch Outfitters Poc-Kit EDC Organizer - and since then I have been using mine and absolutely love it.

To back up, I rely on two, now three, specific pouches in my day to day life - and I can go anywhere and be prepared with them:
My Everywhere Carry Pouch: Which are my essentials
Electronics Pouch: Cords and Adapters
And now the Yellow Birch Outfitters Poc-Kit EDC Organizer

This pocket-sized pouch allows me to have tools that I regularly rely on in the outdoors (that I don't carry directly on me) at the ready and easily accessible.
Like my other pouches, I can move it from pack to pack, but what's more - I can throw this one in my back pocket and be generally prepared for any type of excursion where I have a larger pack back at camp, or in the truck.

I'm impressed to say the least.
And Jason, the craftsman behind this idea, is a great guy.
When I picked them up, I went down to his shop and hung out with him for an hour or so. He's true grit - a real American craftsman with great ideas, a military background, and years of adventures behind and ahead of him.

YBO_EDC.jpg

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Have you guys seen this neat little option? I haven't purchased one yet but it looks failry handy and it really isn't anybigger than an Otter box from what I can tell.
http://stowawaytools.com/
View attachment 18744
I did an overview of this product after talking to the folks who launched it. They were supposed to send me a sample, and it never happened. Not sure what happened there. But I can tell you it gets expensive - quick!!!

JeepersForVets

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Calgary, AB
First Name
Steve
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6EVL
Interesting concept, and it appeals to the pouch/pocket collector side of me. :)

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether it would become a pain having to pull that out, then pull out the flashlight / knife / other each time you want to use it.

I carry a Spyderco ManBug and a Fenix LD02 with me everywhere, and they're small enough that they're not much of an annoyance lose in my pocket mixed up with coins, etc. I often use them multiple times a day. I've tried various folding knife / small flashlight combos, and these are the two I come back to every time for EDC. I work in a corporate environment so having a larger light or folder clipped to my belt or pants probably wouldn't go over too well.

Reactions: RaggedViking

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Interesting concept, and it appeals to the pouch/pocket collector side of me. :)

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether it would become a pain having to pull that out, then pull out the flashlight / knife / other each time you want to use it.

I carry a Spyderco ManBug and a Fenix LD02 with me everywhere, and they're small enough that they're not much of an annoyance lose in my pocket mixed up with coins, etc. I often use them multiple times a day. I've tried various folding knife / small flashlight combos, and these are the two I come back to every time for EDC. I work in a corporate environment so having a larger light or folder clipped to my belt or pants probably wouldn't go over too well.
I'm with you on the corporate stare down and random questioning to why you have such things strapped to you... Believe me..

I carry a small Maratac flashlight and pry bar in my side pocket, as well as a OKC Carter Prime in my back pocket. Most go unnoticed.
It's the belt knife that gets the most attention :tongueclosed:.

But I'll tell you what, man... There's nothing wrong with a fanny pack. I'm dead serious.

Reactions: JeepersForVets