Nashville, TN
First Name
Shelby
Last Name
Wertsbaugh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Squeaky Cheese Curds
What’s everyone/anyone’s experience with the eco flow delta 2?
Any recommendations on 400w foldable solar panels to pair with it?
Also, rumor has it the Delta 2 can replace a dual battery set-up. Has anyone done that with a 5th gen 4runner?

Enthusiast III

California
I haven't used a Delta 2 but I've lived off a DIY dual battery system and I've tried out a solar generator (bluetti ac200p)

My take away was that a solar generator won't "replace" a purpose built dual battery system. The Dual battery system will consist of components that you hand selected to meet your needs. So you can consider how much solar you have room for, how often you can charge your bank by driving or by plugging into shore power, how much AC power do you use, how much DC power do you use and do you use small loads constantly or need short high amp draws. Then you can build your dual battery system to meet your criteria and wire your vehicle so the power is available where you need it from the style of outlet that you need.

The solar generator is an alternative option. You can probably make it work if you pay attention to the input and output specs. It's popular for them to state that you can draw X number of amps or watts but look at the details on how that power is delivered. AC vs DC power and also how many amps the different DC outlets provide.

I made a video comparing the systems I have experience with that might give you some more ideas.

Reactions: Wertsbaugh

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
My Delta 2 just got here. For $800 ( they are $200 off right now ) it was hard to beat. Going with a 400W panel is only necessary if you need it. What all do you plan on powering with it?

Hemobreak

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Torrance, CA, USA
First Name
Theodore
Last Name
Sato
Member #

I purchased the ECOFLOW Delta 2 with the 400W solar panel in January 2023. The unit failed in April on a camping trip to Death Valley. Would not recharge from either AC/DC/Solar. Shipped the unit back to ECOFLOW and received a refurbished unit. This month August on a camping trip to Mt Whitney, offroading in the Alabama Hills, the unit stopped charging on Auto DC. Solar also failed. Sending the unit back to ECOFLOW for repair.

I also use a Bluetti AC50S with the 120W solar panel. I travel with both the Delta 2 and the AC50S. The Delta 2 is used to power the Dometic CFX55 in the truck and the AC50S is used in the tent to power the wife's electric blanket, lights and recharge USB stuff. The 400W solar panel works great, but is very bulky and heavy, and setting it up is clunky. Depending on camping length in one spot and weather conditions, I usually use the Bluetti 120W solar panel to recharge the Delta 2 and the Delta 2 recharges the AC50S. So sometimes the 400W panel is a must.

Ugh. Maybe it's just my bad luck or there is an issue with reliability with the Delta 2. Now considering switching to the Bluetti AC180. I have used the Bluetti AC50S for over 2 years and it has never failed. When not traveling the Delta 2 UPS is used to power my home Wifi router and stuff.

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
I purchased the ECOFLOW Delta 2 with the 400W solar panel in January 2023. The unit failed in April on a camping trip to Death Valley. Would not recharge from either AC/DC/Solar. Shipped the unit back to ECOFLOW and received a refurbished unit. This month August on a camping trip to Mt Whitney, offroading in the Alabama Hills, the unit stopped charging on Auto DC. Solar also failed. Sending the unit back to ECOFLOW for repair.

I also use a Bluetti AC50S with the 120W solar panel. I travel with both the Delta 2 and the AC50S. The Delta 2 is used to power the Dometic CFX55 in the truck and the AC50S is used in the tent to power the wife's electric blanket, lights and recharge USB stuff. The 400W solar panel works great, but is very bulky and heavy, and setting it up is clunky. Depending on camping length in one spot and weather conditions, I usually use the Bluetti 120W solar panel to recharge the Delta 2 and the Delta 2 recharges the AC50S. So sometimes the 400W panel is a must.

Ugh. Maybe it's just my bad luck or there is an issue with reliability with the Delta 2. Now considering switching to the Bluetti AC180. I have used the Bluetti AC50S for over 2 years and it has never failed. When not traveling the Delta 2 UPS is used to power my home Wifi router and stuff.
Sucks that's happening with the EcoFlow. I've heard stories of the opposite and that's what pushed me to EcoFlow.. that and apparently Bluetti's support is not any good. I'm using an old GoalZero 100w panel to charge my Delta 2 that runs my CFX3 55. The one thing I've noticed is that the Delta 2 draws a lot of power even when idling just to run the DC ports.

Hemobreak

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Torrance, CA, USA
First Name
Theodore
Last Name
Sato
Member #

Sucks that's happening with the EcoFlow. I've heard stories of the opposite and that's what pushed me to EcoFlow.. that and apparently Bluetti's support is not any good. I'm using an old GoalZero 100w panel to charge my Delta 2 that runs my CFX3 55. The one thing I've noticed is that the Delta 2 draws a lot of power even when idling just to run the DC ports.
ECOFLOW support has been very responsive, no issues with them. Except for the failures with the Delta 2, I would recommend the Delta 2.