Pnwprepper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

SW Washington
First Name
Damien
Last Name
Strowger
Hey guys, I have been wanting to get into overlanding/vehicle camping for a while now. My wife and I love camping and I want to see more places and go a little more off road. However, having a 1 year old, my wife doesn’t want to be too far from cell service or on a road we can’t quickly travel in an emergency situation. I also drive a 2019 Subaru as of right now until I get my Jeep fixed (eventually.....) and I can barely go over logging roads that are higher in the center than the sides. What are some places you recommend in Washington/Oregon that have smooth-ish roads at the very least and preferably a little cell service? If it were up to me it would be zero service and in the middle of nowhere. Or how do you guys find trails and figure out how smooth the roads are? Thanks guys! This is the main thing holding me back!

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Welcome, I also feel the call of the wild.

Enjoy and soak up all this site has to offer.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I took my 2018 forester on quite a few trails so I wouldn’t say you need to stick to smooth roads but generally in the pnw you just head down a FS road and you’ll come across plenty of camping spots . The first section of the wbcdr is fairly easy and has some nice viewpoints and even a ice cave .

Pnwprepper

Rank I

Enthusiast I

SW Washington
First Name
Damien
Last Name
Strowger
I took my 2018 forester on quite a few trails so I wouldn’t say you need to stick to smooth roads but generally in the pnw you just head down a FS road and you’ll come across plenty of camping spots . The first section of the wbcdr is fairly easy and has some nice viewpoints and even a ice cave .
What’s the WBCDR? And the Imprezas sit lower than the forester.