Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Here’s an easy way to mount a whip for your rig.745A898B-9326-4FD9-B024-BF47360F7ECE.jpegFly your colors proudly!3EE72CDA-A1FE-4333-BE39-B82B000B3F66.jpeg I had these air tool fittings in the junk drawer of my toolbox. I mounted the male fitting to the front bumper, there is another fitting under the bumper, since I couldn’t find a nut with 1/4” npt threads. Locktite and some washers, and it is solid.5EB20D5E-E1BA-44D0-831F-7AAAFAEAFEEE.jpegThe female fitting has a small adapter that I had to drill out to 1/4 inch so the whip would fit. Then epoxy the whip into the fitting, and you are set.B903D6F0-7BE9-44C7-A89D-DE12A3AA4932.jpegNo more struggling with wrenches when you hit the trail, just pop the whip on, and pop it off when you get back to the road. This setup was solid for 2 plus days at the Overland Bound Rally Sierras. I left it on going to and from the trail, with a top speed of around 50mph.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Bonus points if someone puts the female coupler on the bumper side and makes it functional. That way, you can use it for the flag when it is needed, and then plug in your air hose when you need it too.

Reactions: Mojavewanderer

RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
Bonus points if someone puts the female coupler on the bumper side and makes it functional. That way, you can use it for the flag when it is needed, and then plug in your air hose when you need it too
+1...!!!!

Reactions: Mojavewanderer