Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Ok... well assuming it is just the three of us. (You guys all in for sure?) Are we all just planning on showing up Saturday 5/14 ... afternoon? What time? (I assume we are shooting for the non reserve spots 10,11,13,15,18 or 19, or 25. I have no clue when they fill up)

I don't need to much detail I guess.. im pretty happy just showing up by myself and camping if that ends up being what it is.. but I am not planning on bringing anyone with me. Wife and kids are going to be busy. @ShawnR let us know about the land/trail/shooting... that could be fun on maybe Sunday?

What do you guys do for comms? I have CB and a little cheap HAM transceiver.

Advocate II

I m innfor sure. We might go up Friday afternoon and stay Friday and Saturday not sure yet. If we go up on Saturday we will head up in the morning and get a site then maybe do some hiking. As for comms imnhoping to have my CB hooked up by then

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I m innfor sure. We might go up Friday afternoon and stay Friday and Saturday not sure yet. If we go up on Saturday we will head up in the morning and get a site then maybe do some hiking. As for comms imnhoping to have my CB hooked up by then
Sounds great. I could probably do sat morning also, not sure about friday night yet.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm in, just wasn't aware that the weekend before is a huge sale weekend. The weekend of the 14th we'll be very busy getting RV's out the door. But we can come up in the afternoon. My wife and daughter will be with me as far as I know. I have a CB but need to get an swr meter. Would like to get my HAM license. It's on the list of things to do this winter. I'll talk to Jordan today at work and see if we can get out there to do some shooting on Sunday. It's his grandfathers land, but he speaks as if he has full access to it. Would like to try some different loads through my AR if we can. But yah, some camping, grilling and fireside chat would be fun. Just as long as my wife has a restroom in the vicinity. lol

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I'm in, just wasn't aware that the weekend before is a huge sale weekend. The weekend of the 14th we'll be very busy getting RV's out the door. But we can come up in the afternoon. My wife and daughter will be with me as far as I know. I have a CB but need to get an swr meter. Would like to get my HAM license. It's on the list of things to do this winter. I'll talk to Jordan today at work and see if we can get out there to do some shooting on Sunday. It's his grandfathers land, but he speaks as if he has full access to it. Would like to try some different loads through my AR if we can. But yah, some camping, grilling and fireside chat would be fun. Just as long as my wife has a restroom in the vicinity. lol
I also have a 5.56 AR and a Glock 19, Benelli 12 ga shotty I could bring.

Do you guys have any interest in seeing my EO2 rack case mounts? I don't need them since I am by myself (they usually hold all the sleeping gear and soft/light things)... however I do need to get some new pictures of them. I try to help out the guy running that company with some marketing photos. I guess I could put firewood in one of them or something.

Reactions: Jose

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Going to get my tent out this week, maybe do a backyard camp with the kids just to get out. You guys all ready? Too bad its just one night.. that hardly requires any prep.. ha.

Advocate II

Well guys doesn't look like I am going to make it. My radiator purchase never got processed so I have to wait till Friday to even get it ordered. Wish I could be there and I hope we get another chance at a different trip when my Jeep wants to cooperate.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
No problem. Looks like that Saturday is going to be a crazy busy day for me at work. No telling when I'm going to get out of there.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

So... are we skipping it or what is going to happen?

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Maybe we can try to schedule something else this summer? I have lot's of weekends designated for either boating or camping. Going to get down to almost freezing this weekend too, so it would be cold camping. Im ok with that, but not sure what @ShawnR wants to do.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Maybe we can try to schedule something else this summer? I have lot's of weekends designated for either boating or camping. Going to get down to almost freezing this weekend too, so it would be cold camping. Im ok with that, but not sure what @ShawnR wants to do.
I'm good with whatever you guys want to do. Found out we have graduations to attend this weekend, including my step daughters. lol. So this weekend was a bust for me. We are moving in a month or two and working on finding a duplex or condo, but other than that, I'm pretty open. Are you going to Indiana with us at the end of June? A few of us took Friday off so we can make it a three day weekend at Redbird.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I'm good with whatever you guys want to do. Found out we have graduations to attend this weekend, including my step daughters. lol. So this weekend was a bust for me. We are moving in a month or two and working on finding a duplex or condo, but other than that, I'm pretty open. Are you going to Indiana with us at the end of June? A few of us took Friday off so we can make it a three day weekend at Redbird.
I have a couple trips planned around the end of June and begin of July, so probably not. Lets keep in touch about future trips. I'd like to arrange a ~3 day trip to do the Wisconsin adventure trail, maybe next year. Would be a good overlanding trip that we could do in this area.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have a couple trips planned around the end of June and begin of July, so probably not. Lets keep in touch about future trips. I'd like to arrange a ~3 day trip to do the Wisconsin adventure trail, maybe next year. Would be a good overlanding trip that we could do in this area.
This Fall would be nice in Wisconsin also, when the leaves are changing color. Could make for some awesome photography opportunities.

artist8686

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chicago, IL
Member #

Hey there, I'm from the NW Chicago Burbs, I'd be up for a fall weekend trip in southern Wisconsin, doesn't seem like there are any other members in my area or Illinois lol.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey there, I'm from the NW Chicago Burbs, I'd be up for a fall weekend trip in southern Wisconsin, doesn't seem like there are any other members in my area or Illinois lol.
There are a few in Illinois and a lot in Indiana. I wanted to take my wife for a drive up lake Michigan next weekend hoping for some Fall colors, but now she works weekends. Trying to plan a run up to Michigan next year. Earlier this year we were going to run some trails in Indiana but it kinda fell apart.