East to West Coast in 4 weeks

• HTML tutorial

Dave Blaylock

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello all I'm Dave, I'm new to this forum and to Overland Bound as well. just got my member badge today "6205" would have been cool to get 6200 but meh its just a number.

Anyway my wife and I are planning a 4 week adventure starting August 12th from our home city of Tega Cay SC to Orange County CA. We are planning our route around the northern states to try and stay cool during the night for sleeping. Also I want to see a few sites on the way like Mt. Rushmore, Old faithful and so on. we need to be in Reno for a wedding on the 26th but other than that we would like to ask for suggestions on places to overland and enjoy.

I am in the middle of building my jeep and won't have it ready for this trip so for now we will be outfitting and driving my old Xterra 4x4. Terry, as I like to call him, is a tough old bastard but has 196K on him, though he has been well maintained I don't think he will take the beating of a double black diamond run if you know what I mean. He is stock height but is outfitted with AT tires and decent shocks.

Any and All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dave and Alex (Alejandra)