East coast trip! FWC pickup

• HTML tutorial

grantwilson

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. augustine, Fl
Member #

We left on Weds the 19th of July to head up to PA.
We stayed in Easton PA at a small ass hotel that was super janky in anticipation of the next day. We woke up bright and early to a continental breakfast and headed out. We were about 20 minutes form OK4wd. Went and saw Rin and company over there to pick up a few things before heading down to West Chester PA To go to Mainline overland.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Made the two hour trip to Mainline Overland through some pretty awesome roads where we got the Fleet Slide In camper installed!
Broverlanding_Tacoma by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

From there we made our way to Philly, with the pretty much exclusive reason to get a cheese steak at Dalessandro’s. Realized just how ridiculously awesome the truck looks parked on the streets.

After that we hopped back in the truck and drove a bit, then camped in a walmart parking lot for the first night.

Wife super duper approves of the camper, which makes it all that much better

The next morning we headed into DC and had some fun.
But first we stopped by Baltimore for some coffee and foods

The Zoo first, then the air and space museum, then a bus ride tour of the city!
From there we hit our camp spot for the night just outside of DC
So we left off with camping just outside of D.C.
We both really enjoyed the day in Washington, as we have been meaning to go for a while. very worthwhile trip indeed.

From there, we wanted to hit the blue ridge parkway. The wife was originally supposed to go to expo east with me, but she can't due to work. In that light, let's roll!

It was about 3 hours out of the way, but then we also got to stop by and see our friends Matt from Blue ridge overland gear, and Jason from Mountain State Overland. Well worth the drive

grantwilson

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. augustine, Fl
Member #

We were tipped off about a killer camp spot on the side of the blue ridge parkway, up some offroad trails off FS152 i believe. Turned out an outback had occupied the spot, so we were denied :/

Decided to descend into Bedford VA from there, and stay at Matts farm!

He was an awesome host and came out and chilled with us for a while. Jason stopped by after some white water canoeing and hung out for a couple hours. It was cool talking about the upcoming releases of MSO. I love those guys. I can always respect a hustler.

Shitty picture, but we also found mini horses on the way out

Last stop was a quick tour of the Blue Ridge Overland gear shop. These guys are an amazing company. Quality products all made in house with awesome people. Reaffirms why I love their stuff, and use a ton of it.

anyways. Thats about the end of the trip. Just 10 hours of driving back. Hell of a weekend!
Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 8.02.15 AM by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Nice man! Got a question. You look familiar. Were you the guy with the Subaru that was featured on Truck Yeah? If so, I loved that feature! And I second the cheesesteak from Dalessandros!