SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
Planning to attend a homesteading conference in vandalia Missouri this coming spring. Are there any good trails and off grid/dispersed camping in the area? I see the mark Twain Nat’l forest is a couple hours south of the fairgrounds. Just curious if there is any areas we can off grid camp close to vandalia?? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Planning to attend a homesteading conference in vandalia Missouri this coming spring. Are there any good trails and off grid/dispersed camping in the area? I see the mark Twain Nat’l forest is a couple hours south of the fairgrounds. Just curious if there is any areas we can off grid camp close to vandalia?? Thanks in advance!
Im not familiar with that particular area but the Mark Twain does have many good trails. Best bet is to look on Gaia or onX for public use forest service roads in that area.

Reactions: SKMayers

SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
Im not familiar with that particular area but the Mark Twain does have many good trails. Best bet is to look on Gaia or onX for public use forest service roads in that area.
Thanks! Hey, nice 1st gen. Boy do I sure miss mine. I had an 88 with over 300k miles on it and totally regret selling it. It ran like a top and everything worked except the rear wiper. What year is yours?

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

It is an 88 also. Great ride. Last month I had engine failure in the Capitan mountains in NM though. :confused: