Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Added to my calendar as a "maybe". Our plan in 2024 is to have the All Season tires on our FORD Bronco Sport Outer Banks replaced with a set of GEOLANDAR A/T G015 tires. We're currently at 11K miles and will do the switch at 30K (doesn't make sense to me to waste a good set of tires when most of our travel is on road trips).

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Sure, thanks!

FYI: Don't lean too much into the "drivable beach" part, it's possible but I do not recommend it. I made it about 20 feet in and got stuck, my buddy made it about 100ft or so then also got stuck. It's very wet and sloppy sand/mud mix depending on weather.

Reactions: TSO_NJ

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Sure, thanks!

FYI: Don't lean too much into the "drivable beach" part, it's possible but I do not recommend it. I made it about 20 feet in and got stuck, my buddy made it about 100ft or so then also got stuck. It's very wet and sloppy sand/mud mix depending on weather.
I can see why. FF to time 1:08 on the first video.

Reactions: MuckSavage

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Sure, thanks!

That trail in is no problem, those puddles aren't deep at all. It's the actual beach that can be a problem at times. Like I said it's always wet because of the tides but we'll be able to get in and out no issue.

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Sure, thanks!

That trail in is no problem, those puddles aren't deep at all. It's the actual beach that can be a problem at times. Like I said it's always wet because of the tides but we'll be able to get in and out no issue.
Yep. Your tide chart plus the prior precipitation, if any, will determine the level of difficulty. Good data to keep current on.

Reactions: MuckSavage

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Due to an unforeseen family health issue, I am currently seeking an alternate host for this event. If I can make it out there that day I will, but I would hate for such an amazing event for a good cause get cancelled because I can't go. Please DM me if you can take up the helm!

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I have the day scheduled off. As noted on our DM, I'll bring trash bags, gloves & some trash pickers!
Praying your family is well!
Thank you. I'll still be at the hospital that morning but I am going to try and make it out at least to say hi to everyone.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Well, we're a few days out from this Earth day event. I haven't had time to replace the oil pan on the Commander. I will be driving the Ram ProMaster/Winnebago Solis. My concern is the road in. I can park at the trailhead & either ride my e-bike & tow my. little trailer to haul trash out, or I could hop in the back of someone's truck. I will bring trash bags, gloves, trash pickers, etc.
I'm happy to provide lunch prior to the event..... meatball sandwiches? Hot Roast Beef? Please respond.