US Northwest Dunes City off-roading, clamming and crabbing meet-up!

• HTML tutorial

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

I would also recommend traction boards and recovery straps. We most likely won't need winches, just straps.

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

If you can make it definitely let me know! Would love to havea more people come! Right now I am predicting around 4-6 vehicles outcome as a for-sure, though a lot of maybes on the FB event on our OB-Northwest group.

I'm pretty new to sand, I mean I've done a lot of beach driving but not dunes so this is going to be a lot of fun and a huge learning experience for me as well, but another thing I'm excited about is cooking food for everyone! I love cookin'.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Wish I could go, I do a lot of fishing and crabbing here in CA, next time I hope

Reactions: DRTMaverick

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

I'm planning on putting together a trip to Usal Beach in Northern California if you're interested- I was thinking sometime spring?

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

I have been here before, its very cool and we are planning to attend this event. There are a lot of little side trails that are just fun drive on and explore.
Nice! Looking forward to meeting you there. I've been there once and didn't really get to explore much because I was alone and the night I arrived I came down with a cold and fever, but I've been wanting to come back, plus I found Matsutake mushrooms at the campground!

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Heads up, I'll be an hour or two late- got off work way later than planned last night. I should get there around 2, possibly sooner still (I was planning on noon). Just gotta rush-pack some stuff.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Sorry, but this just jumped out at me when I saw this part of the title "off-roading, clamming and crabbing meet-up!" I almost opened Google Maps to see how long it would take me to get there from So Cal :grinning:

Reactions: DRTMaverick

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Sorry, but this just jumped out at me when I saw this part of the title \"off-roading, clamming and crabbing meet-up!\" I almost opened Google Maps to see how long it would take me to get there from So Cal :grinning:
Nice- would be cool to see some so-cal people come to Oregon for some clamming and crabbing- maybe next autumn we can figure a big event out (that's when the crabs are fattest) and get a large group of people from around the US to come.

I'm almost done packing- will be leaving around 1pm and arriving around 3pm at the destination. I was a bit unprepared to work an extra three hours last night so it really delayed my packing.

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Well you guys didn't miss much as far as off-roading goes- it was waaay to wet and windy to really go playing in the Dunes, BUT we did catch a few dungeness and about 12 rock crabs!

Next time I'll plan something out more towards spring so the weather will be far better than it was this weekend- we did have some really really bad weather, frighteningly enoguh there were fatalities at the ocean due to sneaker waves so I'm glad for the most part we didn't go out clamming and such.

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

I'm down to make another event! I really rushed this one- I think all I gave was a month or maybe three weeks of notice to the community that I was going to be hosting it (also about the same time I joined).

We are planning on going down there in February again as well as March during the King tides of the month as well as the smallest tides (I heard crabbing is best when you don't have big tides).

I'm really stoked though to drive on the sand! I've only done beach sand driving, so this will be a very fun event once we get it set up right

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

I'm down to make another event! I really rushed this one- I think all I gave was a month or maybe three weeks of notice to the community that I was going to be hosting it (also about the same time I joined).

We are planning on going down there in February again as well as March during the King tides of the month as well as the smallest tides (I heard crabbing is best when you don't have big tides).

I'm really stoked though to drive on the sand! I've only done beach sand driving, so this will be a very fun event once we get it set up right
Sounds good definitely keep us updated.