Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
It really depends from type to type. I seem to see duals most on LC's. Search dual swing out and Land Cruiser for pics and you will get a lot of ideas. What are you putting it on?

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I have 2009 xterra. Thinking about ways to move weight off roof down lower. Just thinking about it. Thanks for tip. I'll Google pics.

Sent from my SM-S906L using OB Talk mobile app
Unfortunately, Xterra's suffer from not a lot of rear real estate, due to the plastic corners. And due to the pivot point of the arm(s) being further toward centerline, they also start running into hatch interference easily. I have seen where fabricators use offset brackets that put the pivot and anchor points further outboard. Another idea may be to integrate metal corners into a steel center bumper. I have some pics of what I have been building here.

steve_birdsall

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tacoma Washington
Member #

Thank you! My co workers will think I've lost my mind.... but that's next after finishing up the interior "kitchen" slash storage and sleeping qtrs when weather demands it. Saving pic.

Seams like I could add to existing rear bumper outward and add one more hinge opposite side.?

RedSheep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Harpersfield, NY
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Oakley
Member #

Not a duel and not available anymore but this is what I running .. oh and just for reference that a 36x11.5 Q78 on the back

Attachments