Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
I recently bought a dual battery split charge system for my Land Rover. http://simplysplitcharge.co.uk/shop/viewitem.cgi?SCK303C

With room tight in and under my landy I've bought a replacement dual battery holder (panel) to fit in place of the original single battery holder that sits under the passenger seat.

OK, with placing dual battery's under the passenger seat I can no longer have the same size battery as I have today ( Varta Silver Dynamic AGM 95Amp that is 353mm long), as I can't have anything longer that 278mm.
The thought in my head is that with 2 lower amperage battery's (70~75Amp) which will fit under the seat, it would be best to wire them together for winching for max effectiveness. I did find this picture on the internet that is simple to follow:

winch_from_both_batteries.gif

I have in the garage 4 extra Warn Winch solenoids, which I can't find any specifications on them. The question that I have is based on the above picture, can I use a Warn winch solenoid in place of the upright solenoid? And would there be any complications by doing the above wires including the dual split charge system?

My goal is to have the dual battery charge system for overlanding of course plus the extra power of 2 battery's when needed for winching.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Honestly Id just call Warn. When wiring up my 2nd battery, I used an isolator rated at 150 amps continuous, but up to 1500 amps instantaneously. I simply called the manufacturer and explained my concern; worst case, if the 2nd battery is completely dead, a hard pull would try to grab 400+ amps through the isolator. They said this would be no problem.

But, overall I really think you'll get the clearest answer if you call Warn, or even email all of your post to them.