dstar anyone?

• HTML tutorial

k9lestat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Statesboro,Ga.
Member #

anyone on dstar? if so what reflectors do you frequent?

im km4mcm from statesboro georgia and i frequent 30b and 30c names is tony.

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I do dstar and dmr. Dstar mostly 1C, 30C and the Constellation, or wherever a Net I care for is.
I use two Pi ZeroW + Zumspot + pi-star combos, one at home and one installed permanently in jeep with cell hotspot.
73, VA3GHI

Reactions: k9lestat

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

I run a D-Star hot spot here, We don't have a repeater in our area. The ham radio club here is still working in the dark ages.
They were offered a free D-Star repeater form Icom Australia a few years back and turned it down because they heard the word internet link and that was it.

Happy to have a sched on one of the reflectors.

Cheers Mark
VK3ASC

Last edited:

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

If anyone is interested, I monitor Reflector REF030C on the weekends if I am in range of my hotspot. Normally have the radio on from 2100 utc.

Cheers
Mark
VK3ASC

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

Attempting to reach you Mark. D-Star is still new to me. PM Sent.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using OB Talk mobile app
Sorry I missed your call,

Reflector 30C can be quite busy. Keep in mind too the time difference. Our Saturday mornings here in Australia is Friday evenings in the US. +10 hours UTC

See link below for the D Star Dash board for stations that are on air listening etc. This can help to see who is on if you have access to the internet.

http://ref030.dstargateway.org/

My hotSpot does not run during the week but if you want to try it again I can have it on at 20.00 UTC before I go to work. That will be your Monday evening.

Cheers
Mark
VK3ASC

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Sorry I missed your call,

Reflector 30C can be quite busy. Keep in mind too the time difference. Our Saturday mornings here in Australia is Friday evenings in the US. +10 hours UTC

See link below for the D Star Dash board for stations that are on air listening etc. This can help to see who is on if you have access to the internet.

http://ref030.dstargateway.org/

My hotSpot does not run during the week but if you want to try it again I can have it on at 20.00 UTC before I go to work. That will be your Monday evening.

Cheers
Mark
VK3ASC
No worries, in my efforts to figure out DSTAR to reach you, I think I finally figured out how to set my radio and how to link the local repeater. I have made a half dozen contacts here against 30C [emoji1]

Reactions: markwths

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

No worries, in my efforts to figure out DSTAR to reach you, I think I finally figured out how to set my radio and how to link the local repeater. I have made a half dozen contacts here against 30C [emoji1]

Cool, It takes a bit to get your head around it but when it clicks its quite easy. What radio are you using?