Drug paraphernalia located at camp site (Arizona)

• HTML tutorial

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Tough.

It's mostly peaceful bashing. In a month or two it'll be mostly peaceful forest fires.

Last edited:

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Yup, only big States and big cities like California and San Francisco have drug users. I've visited and/or have stayed for extended periods of time in over 30 States in the country and never once have I ever seen anyone addicted to, using, or commiting crimes as a means to pay for more drugs in any of the rural parts of America I have visited. Never once have I ever been to a small town or rural part of the country and have seen someone sleeping in the street or a bus stop, nor have I ever experienced seeing a meth addict scratching his own skin off in broad daylight in Southern Utah last May. While I'm only joking, this is actually the kind of perspective held by people who get their world view from facebook groups and cable news.

In all seriousness, I don't have a problem picking up trash I see in our public land, but I draw the line at picking up needles and glass pipes. It's just too much of a risk of getting poked. Fortunately here in California, I have not one seen needle or pipe in my 20+ years of exploring the State. I did however, visit a pick n pull in Sacramento last summer to harvest a set of leaf springs for my old truck, and was nearly stuck in the shoulder by a used heroine needle by mere inches while under the donor truck. Other than that, my luck has been good. I'm still trying to figure out why someone would pay 2 dollars to walk into a giant salvage yard and go underneath a truck in the Sacramento summer heat to shoot up.

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

You never know what you will find when doing a camp cleanup:

Brian has a rad YouTube..

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

hummmm....gives me an idea...

say im boondocking and need to hide my wallet and money. i can put them in a ziploc bag and bury it and sprinkle a few hypodermic needles around the spot and nobody will fool with it. or if i'm leaving my camp trailer alone at a remote boondocking area while i go hiking. sprinkle some hypo's around the camper and maybe have a blood smear on the door handle and i bet nobody will mess with it.
queue music from Blair Witch

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

That is a lot of syringes. Either there was a bunch of people, they were there for a long time, or a diabetic dumped his trash can there.

I would gamble on the last of those.

I wouldn't really expect IV drug users to be buying gas station CBD.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
hummmm....gives me an idea...

say im boondocking and need to hide my wallet and money. i can put them in a ziploc bag and bury it and sprinkle a few hypodermic needles around the spot and nobody will fool with it. or if i'm leaving my camp trailer alone at a remote boondocking area while i go hiking. sprinkle some hypo's around the camper and maybe have a blood smear on the door handle and i bet nobody will mess with it.

Wonder where one could acquire some fake claymore mines? Wonder if many people even know what they look like?

M18A1 Claymore Mine: Enemy Troops Fall to Pieces

Just to keep'em guessing!

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

Just got back from 7 states camping, that right there is more trash than I saw in 25 days camping. Only one syringe did I see. Pretty Clean camps here in Az, then in Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and back in Az.

There is still hope, I picked up maybe 1 trash bag total combined.

Any amount sucks...... Jeff

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Look harder.

We've got entire bales of drugs washing up on the east shores of Florida. You can even get a tshirt at the beach front stores that says: "SAVE THE BALES''. Sadly, they don't deliver cash by boat, it seems. Or at least nobody is calling the cops for cash deliveries gone wild.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverlandDeparture

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Look harder.

We've got entire bales of drugs washing up on the east shores of Florida. You can even get a tshirt at the beach front stores that says: "SAVE THE BALES''. Sadly, they don't deliver cash by boat, it seems. Or at least nobody is calling the cops for cash deliveries gone wild.

Count your blessings. The only thing that washes up on he west coast of Florida is dead fish.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

...this is why trails are getting shut down, folks...
You say that like we're the junky scum responsible for it. I promise you it wasn't "Overlanders." Look in every major city, our tax dollars are buying those needles, feeding those junkies, and letting them setup campsites wherever they want.

If you want to fix this a) vote b) start making real efforts to persuade your Dem-voting friends/family to come to their senses. Chastising OB isn't going to help...

-TJ

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Last edited:

dchurch

Rank III

Advocate I

Oregon, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Church
That is a lot of syringes. Either there was a bunch of people, they were there for a long time, or a diabetic dumped his trash can there.

I would gamble on the last of those.

I wouldn't really expect IV drug users to be buying gas station CBD.
In this case it looks like you may be right. For some reason I always expected diabetics would be responsible with the way they disposed of their syringes. Then one day I was dispatched to a site where a bucket full was thrown off a coastal bridge. The sharps were strewn all over the shoreline of a highly visited tide pool area, popular for school field trips… I couldn’t stand the thought of leaving them or passing the buck. Luckily I had the right gloves for job and the tide was out :/

I’m not disagreeing with a bunch of good points made in this thread. I worked in the woods for 31 years and saw a ton of drug trash and leftovers from cooking meth. I had the pleasure of busting some of these screwed up people over the years.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

In this case it looks like you may be right. For some reason I always expected diabetics would be responsible with the way they disposed of their syringes. Then one day I was dispatched to a site where a bucket full was thrown off a coastal bridge. The sharps were strewn all over the shoreline of a highly visited tide pool area, popular for school field trips… I couldn’t stand the thought of leaving them or passing the buck. Luckily I had the right gloves for job and the tide was out :/

I’m not disagreeing with a bunch of good points made in this thread. I worked in the woods for 31 years and saw a ton of drug trash and leftovers from cooking meth. I had the pleasure of busting some of these screwed up people over the years.
A huge percentage of diabetics are diabetics of their own making.

It should come as no surprise that people irresponsible with their own existence, would display the same degree of irresponsibility with their cast off trash.

Reactions: haaken675

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

The sudden open border policy and 200K known crossing a day has left a trail of trash and created a glut of drug availability. All while Kamala laughs and Joe concentrates on his double chocolate ice cream cone. This is a Federally created problem, not a state created problem.
If Coyotes were smart they would smuggle ammo, not drugs and people, across the border and sell on the street corner. Higher profit margin and a lot less hassles these days.......

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

View attachment 206882

Best, most natural, smell in the world.

Isn't nature grand?
The problem is the rural fires are burning out the good people that live in and respect nature.. Now if LA, San Fran, Silicon valley, or the like burns, then I would agree.

Started with Agenda 21- push people into the cities where they can be controlled. Meanwhile, 30 years of letting the forests build unnatural overgrowth fuel and environmental regulations preventing one from managing their own property has set the stage.

A close friend received a fine from the county for over trimming trees, which he trimmed back after the fire marshal informed him to trim or he would be fined for not trimming. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
They get to fine someone, possibly twice. And the eco nazi's and the fire marshall, both get the giant fires that they absolutely adore.

Trifecta.

Reactions: JimBill