Driving in sand

• HTML tutorial

Eabmoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
I’ve always had the idea that driving on the beach would be really hard on a vehicle because of the sand. Is spraying the underside of your vehicle after driving on the beach enough to prevent any damage? I’ll be on the Oregon coast this summer and wonder if it’s worth driving out on the beach?

Influencer II

Riverside,CA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Air down your tires and you will be fine. As far as sand on your vehicle, I’d pretty much attack it as any mud/salt or dirt and clean it like mad

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PolarExpress

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aliana TX
Member #

Here’s a tip for driving on the beach. Make sure you wash off your door windows before you roll them down. They’ll have sand on them and it’ll get caught in the door and scrape the window as you roll them back up. Just use water or a towel.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Kent R

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Every time i go on the beach and its a lot. I jet wash every inch get in under the wheel arches and put the jet into the chassis holes let the fresh water wash all the salt deposits away. Do not leave it , we had two landys that worked on the sea walls they rotted away And a hilux , If you go down to the tide line be cautious of soft sand dont idle to long And keep momentum in soft sand other than that enjoy the freedom the beach gives Try boad surfing towing a board from the rear along the surf line great buzz