Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Virginia, USA
First Name
brian
Last Name
columbo
Member #

I stumbled across these guys last night and am wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Ego tells me I probably don't need the training but wisdom and experience say otherwise so I'm seriously considering a 2 day course on driving and recovery. If nothing else I get to meet some new people and have a weekend in the woods in my rig

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
The term elite military is always fun :grin: But I would think it depends on your personal confidence and experience.

I would start with how big the classes are anything much over 10 trucks is too many as far as I am concerned.

BroncoTrail

Rank IV

Influencer II

Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
First Name
Bronco
Last Name
Trail
Member #

I would attend their Recovery Class if it was closer to me. I've watched hundreds of hours of offroading, overlanding, and recovery videos on YouTube and I know what to do in most recovery situations at this point, but I need practice.

Krusty

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Virginia, USA
First Name
brian
Last Name
columbo
Member #

I would attend their Recovery Class if it was closer to me. I've watched hundreds of hours of offroading, overlanding, and recovery videos on YouTube and I know what to do in most recovery situations at this point, but I need practice.
Pretty much my thinking too. Over the years I've learned that no matter how much I know or "think" I know....I don't know it all and there is ALWAYS room to learn more which is way I made the comment in my original post that wisdom and experience say I should look into it. But I'm actually wondering if anyone here has heard of these guys or used them. I did sign up for the two class they offer, with recovery

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
If you can swing it I say go for it. I have been going off highway in a variety of vehicles for 20 years now, and I run into new and better ways of doing things all the time. The best part of a training like that will be breaking down incorrect ideas and bad habits. If I were to be planning on doing any legitimate off road driving any time soon I would probably look for a course now that I have more responsibilities and reason to come home safe with my equipment intact.
That said I should probably look into getting a road driving course refresher to make sure I haven't fallen into any bad habits, and keep my insurance discount current...

Krusty

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Virginia, USA
First Name
brian
Last Name
columbo
Member #

Exactly what my experiences tell me. I can always learn something new or a new way for an old task. Anyone have experience with this organization? I'll probably be the guinea pig on this one, no worries! I'm scheduled for mid-March. I'll post back here with some kind of review