Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
I didn’t know this was a thing. I’m 6’2” and am totally comfortable in my Tacoma . Much more than my Wife’s Crosstrek. I guess people need things to talk about. We just drove 11 hours yesterday.
Could be. Thanks for sharing your insights!

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

I’m 6’5” and had a Tacoma for 3yrs. Loved every minute of it. The thing that worked best about it and other trucks like me 02 F250, is that there was no center console that runs the length of the cab. There’s is a center console between the seats and that’s it. So when my knee bends to the right it’s got some space which is comfy compared to an enclosed bucket seat like an f150. I also think the Tacoma seats move back pretty far to fit bigger people.

I bought a 4Runner instead of a Jeep for this reason. With the seat all the way down and all the way back I am very comfortable on long drives. I’d also recommend sitting in them all, and take note of the space of the center console.

My $.02, wish you the best of luck, because I know buying the right car that isn’t comfortable, turns into the wrong car really quickly. (The only car/truck I’ve ever sat in and had to move the seat fwd after moving it all the way back was a Dodge Challenger. Incredible amount of room in that thing)

Reactions: RedHawk

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Alright all - really appreciate all the input... got a 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2...
Congrats on your ZR2 Chris! I found the Colorado to be the most spacious, which I needed at 6’01” plus two car seats in the back. Took my Bison for a 2600 mile drive in June and comfort was never an issue for any of the occupants.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
My question is specific to Tacoma as I've heard so much negative about driver comfort. I'm not biased towards Tacoma, but I would like to go that route due to all the aftermarket (and obviously parts supply as it's the number 1 seller).

I'm 6 foot 2 inches - (bad back from Army, but not concerned about that since I can always add a lumbar pillow - have one in my 2012 WRX and 2017 Outback).

What are people's thoughts on the driver comfort? Will be my first truck, and I do like all the features with the 2015-2018 Tacoma TRD Offroad so want to buy one. I could always go Colorado Z71 or ZR2, but it seems like the Tacoma is the way (This is the way).

Thoughts?
There's a huge thread about this on TW and they do make a seat bracket mod to lower the seat I think. You should be good. Go for a test drive and see how you like it. Loved mine for a while until I wanted to haul something like a travel trailer.
(another huge thread about that too. LOL)
Zim

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

When it comes to the Tacoma, I can find a whole lot more to complain about than the driving position.
But.....that's one thing I don't have a problem with at 6 feet tall and 186lbs. I find the seating ok and have even taken it on long trips a few times. I like the cool retro small truck feel of it in both the ride and seating. I do have more comfortable trucks and vehicles to take on long road trips, but I find myself good in the Taco.
Not the best.....not the worst.
My kid outweighs me by about 70 lbs. He looks miserable just sitting in it.