Dream Rig

• HTML tutorial

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I think my dream rig would change depending on where I planned to take it. I'll go away from what I think most folks are gonna say, my rig would be a teardrop style trailer. Full off road suspension, standalone battery system with solar, freshwater reserves, onboard toilet, internal and RTT sleeping, awning, built in shower...

Basically any one of the high end expo trailers you see online but with a dedicated bathroom (a must have for the wife). Then I would tow it with a diesel Jeep or Ranger.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

I think id stick with an xterra id use the money to learn more about auto repair and maintenance. Also how to weld and other useful skills to build the rig up. I have always wanted to do a trailer build too. There are a lot of great manufactures and fabricators out there, but doing something myself the way i imagine it is rewarding beyond the item itself.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Ok, another hypothetical question... just because it's fun.

If you had $75,000 to spend on a rig and mods, what would you build?

And... go!
I like the idea of staying small (no Earth Roamers), so you can get into the places no one else can. Everyone agrees that cargo weight is an issue. Instead of dividing the weight by four, what if you could divided by six? Even though $75,000 would not cover it, this is my "Available in the U.S." dream rig...
IMG_4883.JPG

rking.1688

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
King
Member #

I'm gonna have to go with my oldies. I'd jump to a Willys Wagon with a diesel conversion, probably put 44's and disc brakes under it for parts and reliability. Put a tear drop with an RTT on the top of it and I'd be set for the family to go on an adventure with me.

yf9td

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Brandon Fl
Member #

LX. Be it a 470,570. I don't care. Just a larger Lexus. The 4runner is sweet. However with three kiddos it gets cramped.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'm working on mine. I absolutely love my platform. The Cummins 5.9 is bulletproof as is the nv5600 6 spd manual. Of I add it up, including purchase price, I probably have about 55k into the truck as it sits, with many more mods to do..

Attachments

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

2001 Jeep XJ. Stroke the 4.0 to a 4.9, AW4 trans, 8.25 rear with all new gears and rebuilt and ARB locker, front dana 30- chrom-moly shafts and ARB locker, JCR front and rear bumpers, JCR sliders, JCR rear lower quarter armor, JCR rear Upper quarter armor with rub-rails, 6.5in long arm lift, 33in BFG KO2's on Cragar soft 8's, Warn winch, JCR roof rack...basically build a brand new XJ, slap a RTT on top and take the remaining $50+k and take a trip.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling