DRAWER SYSTEMS FOR JK - WHAT IS EVERYONE USING?

• HTML tutorial

Off-Road Overland Camping

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange, CA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Channels
Member #

I'm curious to see who kind of drawer system is everyone using for their rigs. I was thinking about purchasing one, but they start around $3,000.00. So I decided to build by own out of 9-ply birch plywood.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Look out in the forums, there are plenty of posts about this.
I personally built my own drawer and fridge slide for the same reasons, but from 3/8 poplar plywood.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I built this to see if I like using drawers over the bins I have been using. It's not done yet, but it works like it should, just need to make it look nicer. The main reason is to hold the battery for the Snomaster. For that it works great. I've used it on three trips so far and and like it okay. I need to find a better way to secure it because is moves around a lot even with all the weight in it. Which is the negative, because the Jeep is a DD I have to remove it when we need the extra storage in the back. That is a bit of a pain, but we may be getting something for the DD and then it won't be as much of an issue. Next I'll work on a way to mount it more secure and try it on a few more trips.

This eliminated the two Rubbermaid bins and just takes up a little more space, but adds the battery, Redarc charger, and room for a lot of other stuff.

The bottom drawer holds my compressor, hoses, and tools. The compressor is wired to the battery and doesn't need to be removed to use which is nice. I made a hose that I can fill two tires at once, left side, right side, the trailer.

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spirit Lake, Idaho, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
This is for a my 2006 Wrangler LJ Rubicon but maybe it can give you some ideas.