Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Slowly transitioning to full-timing in an Airstream by the end of the year. For now, we are doing a condo until work settles down, so we had to do a lot of downsizing from our 4bed house!

But, everything we own fits in that trailer now. It feels good, but we both agree we still have way too much haha. Obviously, the big things like the couch and king size bed wont go into the airstream, but we've definitely still got a few boxes too many haha.

(FWIW, our tow vehicle will be my F250, but I needed to get her 4Runner to the new condo location with the household goods, and this was the easiest way).

Anyone else do any downsizing to support a more mobile lifestyle?20190209_070917-800x600.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Once, in 1992. We were leaving California and took an open ended trip to decide where to move. Sold off most things and stored family things. We lived out of our truck camper for what ended up being six months but finally decided on Idaho. Now, in 2019, we own two homes filled with stuff. I doubt we'll ever fulltime again but as our kids are about grown, maybe we can winnow it down to one home...

Good luck!

Reactions: Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Hah yeah it is weird how stuff can accumulate. Before I met my wife, I was pretty extreme with my minimalism. I could do almost all my laundry in one load, I had one pot and one pan, and I was cutting meat and veggies with my pocket knife :P .

The wife always says she wants to get rid of our stuff because we have too much, but everytime I hold up a random item we havent used in months, she still thinks we need it :P . But, we have made great progress!