Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
RSVP's for this event have been flying off the shelf, we have filled the alloted 10 spaces,.... great to see people wanting to get out and adventure:) Please if you have RSVP'd and something comes up where you can't go, revise to can't attend and free up a space for anyone else that wants to go. If you did not get a chance to get your RSVP in, and want to be on a waiting list, send me a message, and I will let you know if a spot opens up. Hopfully our next trip will be somewhere a bit larger and more open and we can have a few more rigs attend.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Trail conditions report would be awesome. Next weekend is "replace the suspension in the truck weekend" and the following weekend is "test the new suspension weekend". Douglass Creek is high up on the list for a work buddy so we are thinking of testing my upgrades (and mechanical ability) the following weekend at Douglass Creek. Would have jumped on going with all y'all but had already booked help with the suspension upgrades for next weekend. Hope you all have a great time!

Last edited:

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Trail conditions report would be awesome. Next weekend is "replace the suspension in the truck weekend" and the following weekend is "test the new suspension weekend". Douglass Creek is high up on the list for a work buddy so we are thinking of testing my upgrades (and mechanical ability) the following weekend at Douglass Creek. Would have jumped on going with all y'all but had already booked help with the suspension upgrades for next weekend. Hope you all have a great time!
I think I would rather be wrenching under my rig than enjoying a weekend out exploring any day... oh wait no I wouldn't lol have spent the last couple of months wrenching on the new Wrangler, and am ready to get out and play wiht it. Hope the install goes well, What are you going with suspension wise? That is the next big project for the JK, still on the fence as to which way I am going with it. Will definatly get you a report of conditions, there are a couple of spots that will be good for testing flex, and plenty of bumps to break in new shocks..

Reactions: Ubiety

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Is anyone else from Marysville area going, would like to meet up and head down together?
We will be at the Pilot truck stop at Island Crossing/Arlington exit and leaving at 8:00am if you want to meet us there, same place as we met for the Baker Lake trip, then stopping in Monroe about 830ish, and then Cashmere. Think we only have one other coming from the north end.

Reactions: LunarOne

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I think I would rather be wrenching under my rig than enjoying a weekend out exploring any day... oh wait no I wouldn't lol have spent the last couple of months wrenching on the new Wrangler, and am ready to get out and play wiht it. Hope the install goes well, What are you going with suspension wise? That is the next big project for the JK, still on the fence as to which way I am going with it. Will definatly get you a report of conditions, there are a couple of spots that will be good for testing flex, and plenty of bumps to break in new shocks..
Clayton Overland+ 2.5 inch lift with Falcon shocks (Falcons were what I could get but are fine...) and a CurrectLync steering upgrade. The CurrectLync was installed a while back along with a Steer Smarts sector shaft brace however the drag link ball joints rotated too easily and it is being warrantied. I swapped the factory drag link in the other day and purposefully destroyed the Curry piece to "lubricate" their warranty works. Felt weird but that is what they wanted. Awesome support from Curry!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip this weekend!

IMG_6793.jpeg

Last edited:

Eee Man

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7WIH
1652467661508.png

This was Sep of 2019 about 15 - 20 minutes from the end while heading North. Got high centered and had to back down. 90 minutes later and after taking the slide down about 16" at the top, we were able to drive both vehicles over and continue on.

1652467846248.png

1652467876025.png

1652467936698.png

Reactions: grubworm

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
@mtn & @BGEJT21, Looking forward to seeing you guys, We will definaty swing by the Safeway in Monroe on our way over the hill, should be around 8:30am or shortly after depending on traffic. Just east of the McDonalds in the Safeway parking lot typicaly has plenty of open space.
I'll meet up at the Monroe Safeway too. Im in a silver Xterra.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Would that be the same one you brought to Baker Lake? or do you have two? lol .... Its getting late and I am sitll packing stuff... brain is showing signs of degregation....

Reactions: parrotheadnw

BGE021

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Port Orchard, Washington, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Gillott
Member #

@mtn & @BGEJT21, Looking forward to seeing you guys, We will definaty swing by the Safeway in Monroe on our way over the hill, should be around 8:30am or shortly after depending on traffic. Just east of the McDonalds in the Safeway parking lot typicaly has plenty of open space.
Excellent, see ya there. I’ll be in my blue gladiator. Heading out here soon.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Huge shout out to the great bunch of folks who joined Michelle and I this weekend over in Douglas Creek, We had an awesome time, and I will get some photos and a trip report posted up here shortly.