Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I picked up a 50L water tank that fits in the back of my Tacoma. I'd like to mate it to the Dometic Go Hydration faucet. the water tank will mount against the from wall of the bed. The faucet will be at the rear of the bed near the kitchen. My question for those of you that have one will it pull water that 6ft distance? The outlet on the tank is on the side near the bottom so it will have some water pressure helping to fill the hose.
Thanks
50L Wheel Arch Water Tank - 13 Gal water tank
faucet

Reactions: AggieOE

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I looked at this, I don't have one, but it is for one sole purpose. That's it. It will suck water from ones water container and dispense of it accordingly. A mistake I kept making, long ago was getting different things for each little task. The upstairs of my barn is full of that stuff. ( I'm thinking of having an "Overlander's" garage sale in the future. Look down the road and decide if one day you may want to take a shower, or ? When that happens, this thing from dometic will end up on your shelf, and you'll be like me, wondering aloud how I ever spent money on such a temporary item. Eventually you'll be getting an on demand 12 volt pump to replace it. To answer your question, after looking at all the specs, it is a neat little gizmo, USB rechargeable etc etc and if it is not sucking water up any more than a couple of feet, you should be alright. Just curious? If it is USB rechargeable what sort of portability would it have? Disconnect it every day to recharge? Run a USB cable to it? Hmmmm. Not judging, just giving you something to ponder. BTW, any interest in a Kanga Pack Roof pouch, or a set of three bluetainers, or a couple of cots, how about a 3 man tent? Hand held GMRS radio? I've also a small collection of camp grills, a couple of gasoline cans, and a crap load of miscellaneous cook ware, silver ware, griddles, pots and pans. A ice chest, a coleman ice chest, a collapsible ice chest, etc etc etc etc; Hey, just having some fun here. Hope I made you laugh at my stupidity. But, it is a very important point I'm making. Be good, do good & have fun !!

Reactions: barnstormers

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I looked at this, I don't have one, but it is for one sole purpose. That's it. It will suck water from ones water container and dispense of it accordingly. A mistake I kept making, long ago was getting different things for each little task. The upstairs of my barn is full of that stuff. ( I'm thinking of having an "Overlander's" garage sale in the future. Look down the road and decide if one day you may want to take a shower, or ? When that happens, this thing from dometic will end up on your shelf, and you'll be like me, wondering aloud how I ever spent money on such a temporary item. Eventually you'll be getting an on demand 12 volt pump to replace it. To answer your question, after looking at all the specs, it is a neat little gizmo, USB rechargeable etc etc and if it is not sucking water up any more than a couple of feet, you should be alright. Just curious? If it is USB rechargeable what sort of portability would it have? Disconnect it every day to recharge? Run a USB cable to it? Hmmmm. Not judging, just giving you something to ponder. BTW, any interest in a Kanga Pack Roof pouch, or a set of three bluetainers, or a couple of cots, how about a 3 man tent? Hand held GMRS radio? I've also a small collection of camp grills, a couple of gasoline cans, and a crap load of miscellaneous cook ware, silver ware, griddles, pots and pans. A ice chest, a coleman ice chest, a collapsible ice chest, etc etc etc etc; Hey, just having some fun here. Hope I made you laugh at my stupidity. But, it is a very important point I'm making. Be good, do good & have fun !!
LOL oh all good points! I think we must have the same shop. Maybe we could trade. kitchen table set up, 2 potty setups( and still looking for one that really works) camp chairs, utensils, water bricks, food storage etc. In fact I'm just headed out to pull my drawers setup out so I can modify it to fit the water tank. I think its part of the evolutionary process Good days!

Reactions: MOAK

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
The only difference between the Dometic and the generic pumps is Dometic has a magnet and feeds from the rear. I bought one of the generic ones, mounted a rear fitting and installed a magnet. One of my friends bought one that looks exactly like the Dometic and did the same. Internally they all seem to be the same. Mine takes up a little less room and is stored in a small box. Mine pulls from my water can on the rear rack.

Reactions: MiamiC70

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Shh, they will call you crazy. The real Overlanders will all swear the Dometic is superior in every way and anything else is unacceptable to be on a real Overland rig.
To the OP, I'm wondering the same thing. I think at the end of the day it is kinda of like: if you have to ask how much - you can't afford it. If you have to ask will it work - it really won't.
Unfortunately, a pump is probably ideal. @MOAK has a good point though about aiming to buy once with a distant future what-if scenario considered so you don't have to redo it all.

Regarding Dometic, I somewhat used to think you didn't have to buy name-brand. However, after seeing first-hand how many products they build for commercial industries (especially maritime) and talking with their engineers on the development and refinement of various parts, I trust their line a lot. I really just hope their commercial engineering trickles down to their recreation side.

Reactions: barnstormers

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I appreciate everyone’s responses. All valid points. My biggest concern is will it leak during travel? I’ve read several Amazon reviews on the cheap ones that just drip if there’s any kind of pressure on it. I understand concerns about cheap vs value. Spent a good part of the last 50 years educating people on the difference. High dollar doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better but cheap knockoffs are never as good. It depends on how much you plan on using it I guess.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

Greenfield Township, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

This thread has me thinking about on board water as I build out my truck now but I would go with a 12 volt pump rather than the Dometic faucet. First because of price and second for reliability. Third you will probably get more useful pressure out of the 12 volt pump than you will the faucet.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Dometic has the bones of a good system, but it needs to be fleshed out. The pump units should click into the jugs and seal directly to the internal hose. When detached, there should be a cap that screws onto the bottom of the pump, and another cap that screws onto the exposed plug on the jug, keeping dirt out of both sides. This would avoid the issue of unplugging a hose and tossing the wet hose and pump into a ziplock baggie until used again.

Similarly, the Dometic lithium battery is a great unit. It avoids the unnecessary inverter, uses an Anderson plug for input, and uses the screw-in 12V for one of the outputs, allowing me to plug an Engel (or Dometic or ARB) fridge without worries that it will come unplugged on a bumpy trail, But it should have clamp-down points built in, and it should have an 80 aH big brother to the 40aH model. Or a base for two of them to click into, and a connection allowing two batteries to be daisy-chained into a double battery.

The Dometic tables are solid and are a massive step up from small camping tables or cheap Walmart tables. But they should have a screw adjustment on the end of one of the legs for leveling on uneven ground.

Reactions: MiamiC70