Dog Barriers?

• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I have me a runt borador, about 55 lbs, that mostly stays in the back but sometimes hops over on the leather. I just raise my voice a tad and he minds. It saves me money lol...

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

American Fox Hound, 65 lbs. Climbs in the back seat and within two minutes is sound asleep. We once drove the trails from the south end to the north end of the Ocala National Forest and she slept the whole way. She loves Jeep rides but isn't much of a trail buddy.

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

I'm the builder of the Speski OffRoad barrier and on this forum now. If anyone has any questions please send me a message.

Here is my 80 Series BarrierDSCN7135.JPG

And I also build them for the early 100 Series pre side impact air bags, with or without rear AC9ADD0FA9-56D1-4E44-996E-145566949260-12890-00000590C4D3E9B7.jpg

Last edited:

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

Ive heard the Speski barriers are very good. They can save your life.
Well I don't make such claims. But I do take great pride in hand building them here in Durango. Born out of necessity to protect my own child and dogs. So take that for what its worth. Well over 200 sold at this point. I quit counting.

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

OP, are you seeking a proper barrier that will keep your pooch and gear in the cargo area in the event of an accident, or are you just looking for something that with just dissuade your pup from hopping into the backseat?

We use something like this:

It works great for keeping our Lab and Redbone Coonhound from hopping onto our kids in the backseat, and it's nice because you can pop it out when you don't need it. No drilling necessary, and it only costs about $40.

Our dogs ride on a shelf that I built that is about window height so we can have storage beneath them. To secure them in the back, I put a harness on them and a lead attached to the tie downs in the back.

But if you're looking for a solution that will ensure your gear stays put in the back and eliminates the threat of a doggy missile, then a solution like that Speski is TOTALLY the way to go. But you've got options!

Reactions: NorthStar96

Dillon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ8J
I've been using the Raingler Barrier net on my current and last Xterras for the last 6 or 7 years. It works perfectly and requires no alteration to the interior.

Reactions: Lipek

Dillon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ8J
I have the Raingler roof net along with the barrier net and have the top of the barrier attached to the roof net with a couple of cheap carabiners. I have a coon hound and she's not large enough, or smart enough, to climb up the net to try and get over. She spends most of her time sticking her nose through the net.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I fancy the Land Rover cargo barrier / dog guard for my 90. Just wondered if anyone has one. Apparently once the fixtures and fittings are in place, the guard can be fitted / removed in a matter of minutes. I like the idea of one because it will give my inside storage space by attaching pouches etc

Attachments

Walt B.

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Elk Grove, CA 95758
Member #

When I had a Chevy Tahoe I just leashed my dog to the tie downs in the back worked great. Now with my Tacoma I have a safty harnes that buckles into the seatbelt to keep my Lab in the back seat.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
We give Raingler barrier two thumbs up! Keeps our dogs safe and our cargo from landing on our daughter! A little pricey, but we did try some of the other metal grid and slide locking bar style K9 barriers, but none seem to work as well for our needs. The soft net is not only safer, it allows you to quickly remove it if needed and not have to look for a place to store all the metal parts when not in use.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Being in the UK it's kinda difficult to understand what some of the products that you guys are talking about. Understandibly they don't make those products here.